CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Reason # 3,597 to hate off days.

Because of all the free time I had tonight due to the lack of a Red Sox game, I think I joined Facebook. Although I can't be 100% since I think you have to have a calculus degree to make it a 100% certainty.

At least that's what I keep telling myself, 'cause the only other solution is I'm dumber than a tree stump and I just don't want to admit that at 10:30 at night.

I'm 38 years old, happily married, have 3 kids AND a blog and I honestly think I have time for Facebook. She's either going to leave me or sign us up for disability when I tell her the happy news; I've already been pressing my luck in the "time allotted for the computer" for the past 8 months.

Meanwhile I've got Beckett with a tingly arm, Buchholz and his inability to find home plate and Bartolo Colon and his extra 100 lbs to worry about.

I need a vacation in the worse way.

Tomorrow night we start a 3 game set vs. the Blue Jays and the only consolation I have is Doc Halladay beat the crap out of the Yankees tonight and we don't have to face him. If someone could tell me Marco Scutaro fell into a sinkhole tonight, my world would be fine.

It's still August and I need a full time therapist.

Man, do I love this game.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Facebook is fun for catching up with family and friends. I don't bother with all that other stuff because, like you, I just don't have that kind of time.

Ted D said...

Edge, from what I can tell from last night, I'm gonna need to clone myself to do everything I want to do.

Tex said...

when you discover that formula, would you send it to me?

Rebecca said...

I know! Offnights are the WORST!

Ted D said...

You got it, Tex.

Rebecca, I hate nights without Sox baseball; of course that Lyle Overbay home run is making me hate it less. :(