CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Back in Oakland. Where it all began. Sort of.

Every time the Red Sox play the A's, like they will starting tonight for the next 3 games, I think back to the 2003 ALDS. Sox drop the first two to Oakland, then win the next 2 at Fenway, then headed back out west for Game 5.

The game is remembered by a lot of people for Derek Lowe's, and I like to use Red from Surviving Grady's term for it, "Bite my Tweeter" move after striking out Jermaine Dye to end the game and send the Sox to the ALCS and that fateful series with Aaron F*****g Boone and the Yankees.

I'll always remember it for the picture I used tonight; Johnny Damon and Damian Jackson had a collision in the outfield you normally see on the fifty yard line of a football game. Honestly, I thought Damon was actually dead at one point.

We all know what happened; Sox lost to the Yankees, Damon turned into the baseball equivalent of Sampson and the Sox won it all the next year. Then he turned into Judas 2 years later, the Sox signed the guy with the name you'd normally see on a cereal box to play CF and they won it all again in 2007. Damon sold his soul to the devil, cut his hair, and turned into a part time player on a professional fantasy league team that hasn't won squat in the 21st Century.

I have no idea what all this means.

But the Sox are in Oakland tonight and Rocco is playing CF.

I'm considering putting out an APB on Jackson just in case.

No comments: