CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Rain Delay Means More Than Just No Game

After working 10 hours, trying to convince people they absolutely, positively HAD to have that new sofa and getting rejected 90% of the time, I was looking forward to seeing my kids, kissing my wife, and relaxing to the sounds of DO and Remy calling the Sox/Twins game tonight.

While I did get to see the kids and Ang, the game? Not happening. Raining cats and dogs in Boston and instead the game will be played tomorrow. At 12:30 in the afternoon. While I'm working.

IF it gets played at all; apparently, God wants to send me to the nuthouse by raining out TWO days worth of games while I try with every fiber of my being to maintain what small shred of sanity I've got left.

'Cause if I get to see a game? I can get past certain things that otherwise send me one step closer to the edge of insanity.

Like tonight. While cursing under my breath about not getting to watch the Sox, I settled down on the sofa with Ciera and Rakes to watch "COPS", during which they ran a commercial promoting "Stupid Gross things people do at work that get videotaped for the world to see" or something when up pops a guy peeing in the community coffee pot at work. I don't say a word, hoping he was day dreaming about Spiderman or Batman or wondering why Indiana Jones looks just like Han Solo for the millionth time but 15 seconds later I hear him utter the following.

Rakes: "I know what that dude was doing, Dad. He pulled out his willy and peed in that pot. Look, I'll show you..."

I think the fact I yelled loud enough to wake the dead prevented him from re-enacting all this in front of his sister; either that or he was just messing with me, which could very well be the case.

So you see, watching baseball isn't only a form of entertainment for me.

It's also the only thing I've got that is keeping me from rocking back and forth in the corner in the fetal position while singing "Billie Jean" at the top of my lungs.

14 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

You ready for this one Ted? Speaking of things that will drive a person crazy. I just checked my voicemail & it decided to cough up three messages I *should* have received IN FEBRUARY. One of which was you sounding completely bewildered by my brother's draft method. Stupid freaking technology. Stupid freaking rain.

Ted D said...

You JUST got it? Jeez, Dawn.

And here I thought you were just ignoring me. ;)

I'll give you a big thumbs up on the technology thing; I'm pretty sure it was destined I not have a phone with internet on it.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Bright House telephone service at its best apparently. It's not like I haven't checked my messages in the last two months! Good thing it wasn't truly a life or death situation huh?? Sheesh.

Hope you're surviving baseball purgatory tonight. If it rains tomorrow, Mother Nature & I are going to rumble. Like a thunderstorm. =P

Ted D said...

Yeah; Fantasy League questions can be overlooked.

I'm making it; good thing a new episode of "Deadliest Catch" was on. And it'd better not rain or you and me are going to tear Mother Nature a new one tomorrow. ;)

Tex said...

maybe i can get to bed at a decent hour now.

Im sure Rakes wasnt going to do anything foolish

sittingstill said...

But you're not ever going to drink coffee at home again, are you? Just in case?

Ted D said...

Tex, are you insane?

And Kelly; I don't drink coffee. So what are you getting at? ;)

Tree Newt said...

You are classic, bro. Classic.

Figured your new toy out yet?

Dink.

HorshamScouse said...

Laugh.Out.Loud.

Thanks, Rakes, I needed that.

I'm debating running mlb.tv at 4:30 a.m. to see how long tomorrow's rain delay's likely to be and to try to figure whether both games will be called.

My bet? They'll play these two Twins games sometime in August.

Ted D said...

Mattie, yes and no. I'm still trying to figure out how to install the battery.

And John? I think your right; doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate; as long as it's not raining in May.

Tex said...

DoubleHEADAH!!!!

HorshamScouse said...

Nostrojohnus?
FAIL!

Trot's Hat said...

One month, Ted. One month from today... :-)

Ted D said...

Tex, thanks to updates ffom Cyn I knew the end. And John, we were both wrong. Bridget, I can't flipping wait!