CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Some days your the bug. And some days your the windshield.

Apparently an episode of the Twilight Zone was filmed in Tampa/St. Pete tonight. As I type this it's 10-0 Rays in the bottom of the 8th and unless Jacoby Ellsbury got that hit Matt Garza would be pitching a no hitter.

I know what you're thinking. Brad Penny HAD to be pitching, but you'd be wrong. The Commander and the Ace, Josh Beckett was on the hill tonight. There is no logical explanation for what happened so I'm going with a voodoo doll in the study by Colonel Mustard; best reason I can come up with on short notice.

So while I attempt to blissfully ignore what is happening in Florida I've racked my brain trying to come up with a subject for tonights post.

It took nothing more than surfing the www.tmz.com website and seeing an old client of mine featured to make my decision.

For over 12 years I called on these guys and sold them furniture and all it took was one goofy commercial, the right people at the right time to see it and my boys are on television nation wide on the TMZ syndicated program.

With apologies to Don King?

Only in North Carolina.

9 comments:

Tree Newt said...

DUDE!!! That commercial is classic! And I think they still had every clock and mirror you ever sold them on the walls! CLASSIC!!!!

Oooooff to the game. Here's to a 3-1 series in Tampa.

Secret word: ossiglys

that's a keeper

Ted D said...

Mattie, I thought the same thing; why haven't they sold ONE clock this whole time?

Beth said...

OMP - Ted!! That commercial is sssooo - uh, hmm, - I'm speechless! Should it be called the "Redneck House"?? (and remember, I'm a southerner too - albeit an adopted one)

Ted D said...

Beth, these guys are one of a kind. Calls all over the world coming into little old High Point, NC.

Crazy.

Rich in the Garage said...

Poor Ward...He never saw Ryders shot coming.


Im thinking 4 games.

Ted D said...

Remember Rich; it's my brother who watches hockey. I have no idea what that previous sentence means.

Rich in the Garage said...

Matt-

Im so so sorry man. This must be hard to watch for you.

Lizziebeth said...

Wow. As a native South Carolinian and current GA resident, I stick by my life-long assertion that North Carolina people are, uh, special.

Tree Newt said...

Rich, that was mighty ugly. Although I still say give us a chance. The Devils beat us by the exact same score in Game 1. You guys dominated last night, but let's hold back on the engraving of the cup just yet.