CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 17, 2009

The Mothers Day Miracle Lives On

*Image courtesy of sittingstill.net*

After the Red Sox fell behind 7-0 tonight and Gary Thorne was already popping the champagne in the broadcast booth, I remembered Joe C and Dave O'Brien talking about the Mothers Day Miracle. If you're not familiar with this epic event, Jeremy Guthrie and the Orioles had a 5-0 lead on the Sox in the 9th inning, only to gack it up and eventually lose.

I'll give you 3 guesses who was pitching for Baltimore tonight.

Much to my delight and Thorne's lament, the boys did it again. 10-8, Pap with the save, and Gary and Jim Palmer can bite my tweeter.

Jason Bay got it all started with a 2 run HR and with every day that passes I miss Manny just a little bit less.

Dude may look like your 8th grade math teacher but he can pound the rock like nobodies business.

Beckett, fresh off a 6 game suspension handed down by the dinks in the ivory tower is on the bump tomorrow.

Anything less than fire and brimstone coming out of his ears and I'll be more than a little disapointed.

Man, do I love this game.

6 comments:

Tex said...

as long as FOX dont take the game from me...i get to watch Beckett.

Wheels coming off the O train. stat.

Ted D said...

The game comes on at 7 I think, Tex. You should be good.

Tree Newt said...

Ok, you know I'm out of the loop bug time with the Canes being in the playoffs, but what did Beckett do to get 6 games in April?

Ted D said...

I told you last Sunday, Mattie. He uncorked one at Abreu's head last week.

Tree Newt said...

And like I've told you for 34 years:

I don't listen to you.

Ted D said...

Obviously.