CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Welcome to Boston Mr. Penny

*Image from bostonglobe.com*

3 runs, 5 hits, and 6 IP. Not bad for a guy who spent more time in the trainers room than on the field last year for the Dodgers.

Brad Penny got his first win for the Boston Red Sox, and more importantly did what a big time pitcher is supposed to do; stop the bleeding from a 3 game losing streak.

I could care less that 2 of the hits were HR by Mike Napoli or that it took a Mikey Lowell HR and TWO Jason Bay bombs for the Sox to take the lead.

Papelbon giving me a mini-stroke in the ninth by loading the bases, then getting out of it with a strike out and fly out did make my head hurt; I was at the in-laws for dinner and I'm pretty sure my mother in law is doubting my sanity right now. I think today was the first time she's seen me in full-on insanity mode.

I'm still trying to figure out what was more stressful tonight; Pap and his high wire act in the ninth or the coloring of Easter eggs right after with Rakes breaking 4 eggs, Trot whining at the top of his lungs, and my father in law worrying that the dye was going to stain his counter tops permanently.

Who am I kidding?

Rakes ain't got nothing on Paps.

2 comments:

Tex said...

psssssst. Ted. The team is in L.A./Anaheim not Boston. :)

I didnt get the Fox feed today :(
But i got to eat and drink with Becks and Bobbers! somehow I got 9 peeps in my house now

Ted D said...

Yes, I know Tex. It was a metaphor. ;)

Tell Becks and Bobbers hey for me and give 'em a hug.