CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 17, 2011

My own little Field of Dreams

After the Sox beat the Blue Jays today (Behind a STRONG performance by Jon Lester and some thump from the bats. Thank God.) I took the boys outside to play some baseball.

Normally this consists of glorified batting practice with me throwing a tennis ball (I figure over the next several years both the boys will tick off most of the neighbors in one way or another; no need to have a baseball flying through their front window to start it.) while Rakes swings for the fences and Trot pulls every thing into the front yard. Today was more of the same, until Trot decided he wanted to go inside and Rakes grabbed my glove and his and asked "Can we practice catching?"

So there we were, for the next 45 minutes or so, just a Dad and his son having a catch.

It's moments like those that make up for the fact that with each year he gets older my blood pressure rises by another 10 points.

5 comments:

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

I love it, Ted! Precious times.

Rich in the Garage said...

You know his dad was DEAD right?

Ted D said...

I hadn't thought of it that way, Jr. It's even more appropriate then.

Rich in the Garage said...

Also, love the Kung Fu Panda shirt. Thats classy.

Ted D said...

Nice, right?