CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm reaching. But bear with me.

Much like that whole "Bobby Ewing was never dead. It was all just a dream." season of Dallas, I'm gonna pretend tonight's game never happened. Just like Pam woke up with Bobby in the shower and JR still trying to run them into bankruptcy, I'm going to bed tonight convinced that Wake didn't leave after a little more than 2 innings and some guy named Willie Ayabar didn't hit a home run.

I honestly believe I'll wake up in the morning taking a shower, Ang will open the door, and it'll be last October with her saying she can't believe the Red Sox just swept the Rockies and they won it all. Again.

'Cause if that dink in the George McFly glasses and his band of rejects actually win a meaningful series in October, I'm pretty sure the world as we know it is coming to an end.

Which is why I'm clinging to a tv show that ended before my daughter was born and the main star is a guy who used to have a genie living in his house and has had a liver transplant.

Which if you think about it, it's oddly appropriate. One more series like this one and I'll have Larry Hagmans doctor on speed dial and wondering when he can fit me in. In a year when we finally have the Yankees performing like the overpaid has beens they are we've gotta deal with the Rays finally acting like a professional baseball team.

If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.

4 comments:

Tree Newt said...

So, who are you? Cliff?

Hey, didn't we win it all as a wild card before, or is it just me.

Rays, Schmays. The real games begin now.

Pass some Kool-Aid, puh-lease!!!

Sue-Ellen!!!! Can you HEAR ME?!!! I said pass the Kool-Aid!!

Anonymous said...

Of course, if the Sox don't make it, we'll still be entertained by the "never a dull moments" moments at your place. See, there's a bright side after all. :)

Ted D said...

Actually, I think of myself more like Ray, the ranch hand who was Jock Ewing's illigitimante son who ended up helping Bobby run Ewing Oil. And after that sentence I realize I really need to get a life.

But you're right; they won it all as a wild card before. I just wanted the division again. Meh.

And Edge, you make a good point. I just don't know if my heart can take too many more "never a dull moments". Off day today; I think I need it.

Tex said...

it. is. not. over.