CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's The Simple Things That Matter.

Other than Red Sox wins, Yankee losses, and Al Roker not being able to read the teleprompter, nothing brings me more happiness than being able to take the terrible trio outside to play.

Top it off with the fact I'm not sweating buckets upon reaching the garage and you've got the makings of a fantastic night.

So when I got home from work and Ciera asked if I'd chaperone some random street chaos, I was more than happy to oblige; 65 degrees and a Carolina Blue sky to lead us to sundown.

She rode her Scooter, Rakes alternated between his Big Wheel and a Harley sportster, and Trot... Well, he proceeded to push a dump truck up and down the street while alternating between a gutteral roar and a primal scream.

We only scared 2 people and traumatized one dog who were walking through the neighborhood; I consider that a good night.

As for the Sox, Lester lost to Halladay today, which is nothing to hang your head over. The Rays clinched a playoff spot, the Cubs won the NL Central, and somewhere in NYC Derek Jeter is weeping.

Come tomorrow, Monday, or even Tuesday the Sox will do the same; all that's left is to figure out who wins the division and who takes the Wild Card. Bottom line? The Red Sox are in the playoffs and anything can happen.

The Red Sox are in the dance, the Yankees are looking forward to 2009, and Trot may be facing a court ordered restraining order from the Backyardigans.

Just another normal Saturday at the Dalton house.

Anyone got a valium they can spare?

3 comments:

Tex said...

maybe you should just try Trot's way.

go push a dump truck down the street awhile screaming. At most, you'll only spend a night in the slammer for disturbing the peace

Ted D said...

Don't think I haven't thought about it Tex.

I'm pretty sure they'd commit me; which may not be such a bad thing.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I would just about kill for 65 degrees. I got spoiled on vacation. I will make do with a Rays loss today though. That's something anyway.