CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Things that occupy my mind on off days.

I took Rakes to his buddy Brick's 4th birthday yesterday at Bounce U. And yes, Brick may have Rakes beat for most unusual name that I've ever heard. Plus he and his parents are die hard Yankee fans which is a double whammy. But they are great people, he's a wonderful boy, and he calls me "Rakes' Daddy". So he's good people.

Here Rakes is swinging for the fences at the baseball section with a look usually seen on the face of Kevin Youkilis in the bottom of the ninth with the bases loaded. I've really gotta get him to dial the intensity down a notch.

Finally, here he is on the last leg of the obstacle course where they tell you, in a video, to sit on your bottom and go feet first down the slide. Of course he's bouncing as high as he can before jumping off and meeting the slide about 2/3 of the way down.
I remain firmly convinced he'll be the first astronaut to do a back flip over the lunar module.

Red Sox vs the Angels Wednesday night at 10:00 p.m. east coast time.

I'll be stocking up on Mt Dew and Red Bull tomorrow.

8 comments:

Tex said...

backflips are fun

Ted D said...

Yep. Especially over Lunar Modules.

Krystle [RSO] said...

Mind if I borrow some of that Red Bull/Mt. Dew? My roommate decided to be wonderful and get trashed out of her MIND last night that left me going to bed at what I thought was 2 and the next thing I see it's 6am with an 8 oclock on my horizon. that my friend is just another college experience. Now I have two roommates mad at each other and I'm just listening to the story, trying to not be amused.

Hopefully the Red Sox can mend everything.

Ted D said...

Krystle, sounds like a rough night. And I've found the Red Sox can mend just about any problem you've got. At least for a few hours anyway.

Sarah said...

I can't watch game 1... Scoscia was SUPPOSED to pick the Thursday start instead of Wednesday, he even talked about it! Instead, I'll probably be asleep before first pitch...

Two three-hour exams tomorrow, two thre-hour exams on Thursday... then comes my triumphant return to karaoke, then road trip to watch baseball with fellow Red Sox fans for a few days :) But, I miss game 1 :(

Ted D said...

Sarah, that sucks. And while I hate being sleep deprived, 10 p.m. starts mean it's quiet at least for game time.

Redbeard76 said...

Brick... ha! Did Sarah Palin name him too?! :)

Ted D said...

Redbeard, good friends who named him a family name. I named my kids Rakes and Trot so I completely understand where they are coming from.