CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 15, 2007

It's OK Little Buddy. I've Got Your Back.

Tough game tonight in Cleveland. Down 4-0, Tek gave all of RSN hope with his 2 run shot to cut the lead in half, but it wasn't meant to be.

Going into tomorrow, the boys are down 2 games to 1, which makes one think I'd be raging against the machine right now.

However, Zen-like is the best description I can come up with for how I feel. I sort of thought all along that if we ended up facing Cleveland, it would be a battle. And if this thing doesn't go 7 games, you can knock me over with a feather. That is a good, solid team they have and it ain't gonna be easy.

Of course, nothing worth having ever is: and I'm not a doctor or a pitching coach, but Daisuke is flat worn out. All those innings in Japan + pitching every 5 days instead of 6 + him throwing 467 warm up pitches before the game = one dead, tired, arm.

Tomorrow night, Wake takes the mound. And other than Beckett, there is not one guy I'd rather have going out there. Timmeh's been there: he's seen the bad (Aaron F*****g Boone) and the good (2004 anyone?), so I gotta think he's up for the challenge. Besides, it's still only 2-1.

Now, if after tomorrow night it's 3-1, I may start freaking just a bit.

Here's to that not happening.

I believe. I believe in the knuckle ball.

I believe in Wake.

7 comments:

Tex said...

It aint over. It aint over...not till Wakefield takes the mound....or should I say takes over the mound.

The Indians are a force...we knew that. It seemed the boys were just a bit wore out? All I know is Tuesday we're taking back their park.

Ted D said...

Tex, I thought all along it would be a street fight: they didn't win 96 games by accident. Three games down, 4 to go: I like our chances. I'm not going to go jump off a ledge because we lost tonight.

Sometimes I think people have a really short memory.

Tex said...

2004 is in the past. Don't live in it. and while the Indians had their great record...ours wasn't shabby either. No ledge to jump off of here...

~**Dawn**~ said...

I will admit I suffered a gloom-and-doom moment (or three) during last night's game. I think I've recovered, because I always love me some good knucklah. I can't promise my optimism will resurface if we find the series record still lopsided after tonight though...

~**Dawn**~ said...

Oh. That photo of Wakey & Matsuzaka though? It looks innocent enough. But I think Wake found someone to pass off his "Tim Wakefield's Disease" (otherwise known as severe deficiency of run support) to & he took the opportunity while it was there. I only hope that the poor offensive showing from last night is a lingering symptom of "TWD" and that the bats will come alive for Timmeh tonight.

Ted D said...

Whew, either that game gave me the stomach flu or Arby's gave me food poisoning, because I've spent the last16 hours running from the bathroom to the bed.

Feeling a bit better, which means I'm actually upright and sitting.

Go Timmy, go bats, go Sox!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Nothing personal little buddy, don't go calling me a troll. Its just what I feel at the moment.


Overrated ( clap clap clap clap clap) Overrated ( clap clap clap clap clap).

I did tell you I once flew out of Cleveland airport.