CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Manny Being Manny At The Super Bowl?

*Picture courtesy of Kelly*

Makes you wonder who said what, doesn't it? Before you think this was taken Opening Day, it was Game 1 of the ALDS last fall. Somehow the word loose doesn't do this picture justice. Warms my heart to know more scenes like this are less than 3 months away.

I read tonight where Manny is going to the Super Bowl, and immediately images of him running onto the field to celebrate the Patriots winning the championship flashed through my head.

Manny at the Super Bowl; The potential is ENDLESS.

Manny grinning like some deranged maniac standing next to a scowling Belicheck on the sidelines.

Manny doing the two handed pointy thing at Tom Brady after a touchdown.

Manny braiding Randy Moss' hair on the bench.

If I'm FOX, I'm on the phone with Gene Matos, one of Manny's agents, and I'm figuring out a way to get him in the booth on Sunday ASAP. For one, it'd tick Joe Buck off to no end; I wonder if Buck would yammer on about how mad it made him that Manny pimped one of his HR's at home plate if he were 4 feet away from him?; somehow, I doubt it. Second, can you imagine the possibilities of the audio if this happened?

Buck:" What a fantastic play by Brady, threading the needle to find Welker in the back of the end zone".

Aikman: "I'll tell you right now; only a handful of quarterbacks playing today can make that throw."

Manny: " I gonna tell you someting, mang. I'm a bad man, you know? Can I get a hot dog or someting?"

I'm guessing the over/under on how long it'd take for Buck to snap would be about 5 minutes. They could sell DVD's of this and I GUARANTEE it'd be a best seller in a week.

Only 14 days until pitchers and catchers report.

I wonder if I'll make it until then.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for Manny having his own reality show, like Snoop Dog :D

Ted D said...

Welcome, redhead.

A Manny reality show would KILL.

Tex said...

Will there be a Green Monster for Manny to take a leak in?

~**Dawn**~ said...

I feel like my head could explode. First Schill. Then Papi & Youk. The Lowell professing support for the Patriots. Now Manny at the Super Bowl. I could just die happy...

Ted D said...

Tex, there's ALWAYS a Green Monster for bathroom breaks.

Dawn, don't explode or die on us. But Many at the Super Bowl could get interesting...

Tree Newt said...

It would definitely liven up the conversation if he did make it to the booth.

And Kramer, you've got a little problem.

Oh, I've got a BIG problem Jerry!

Anonymous said...

To answer your question, we should be home early March, Lord willing! If it were up to us, we'd be there by now!

Redbeard76 said...

Somehow I'm picturing Manny streaking across the 50 yard line just before halftime.

Krystle [RSO] said...

Putting Manny on FOX would kill Buck, for the reason that he's a Sox player. It would KILL him. Oh put him on Fox, just kidding...or am I? ;-]!

A Manny reality show on NESN? Would seriously be probably the only reality show I would watch, just for the lol's.

Tex said...

naw man. this is the time manny can actually toke a few and get away with it cos he aint having to snag flyballs and hit any out of the park. Im just waiting on his wide smile

Tex said...

and might I add dopey smile

Ted D said...

Edge, Ciera is ready for D to get home, for sure.

Matt, I have no idea what you are talking about. ;)

Stephen, scary thing is, it COULD happen.

Krystle, it would be an instant classic, wouldn't it?

And Tex. Manny doesn't smoke dope. Whatever gave you that idea? ;)

Tree Newt said...

Naw...Manny's clean as a whistle. Only Wheaties and Goji juice for him. Nooooo...no weed! Surely you jest!

Ted D said...

Mattie, you look deranged in that picture. Absolutely deranged.

Tree Newt said...

And your point is?

Ted D said...

No point.

Just a general observation.

Man, am I glad LOST is back on.

Tex said...

hey Mattie. how much money you need?




Whats Ted's real name?

Tex said...

nedav er vmind. net is agn asweosme thing.

Ted D said...

Oh boy.

Tex, I'm counting on the fact I know a ton of embarrassing stories about Matt and Scott to prevent them from spilling the beans.

Remember boys, I can post about you two anytime I want.

Tex said...

adont worriy. yahooo people wsearch

Ted D said...

Yahoo people search?

Don't do it, Tex.