CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Pounding Headaches, Crazy Kids, and LOST

It's pretty much a well known fact my house is loud; just ask anybody who's ever dared to enter the front door. If we ever got one of those decibel counters installed, I'm fairly confident we'd at LEAST rival a 747 at take off.

Most of the time, I deal with it OK. And by deal with it, I mean I walk around cringing at every yell, scream, and crashing of toys like some shell shocked veteran of Sarajevo. Today, however, I developed the mother of all headaches around lunch time.

By the time I hit the door around 6 tonight, it felt like tiny elves were hitting my head with ball peen hammers while singing a Celine Dion song. In other words, it hurt. REALLY bad.

So the usually joyful sounds of my children suddenly morped into what I'm sure a cannon sounds like when you are standing 1 foot away when it goes off. After popping 4 Tylenol and drinking about a gallon of water, I was able to sit upright enough to take a picture of Trot and Ciera. I got the hint he wanted me to snap his photo after 5 minutes of him walking up to me and yelling "Chee", so I grabbed the camera.

Sort of unnoticed unless you really look is Rakes over Trot's left shoulder. There he is, in full on Star Wars mode, oblivious to what is going on around him. Should it worry me he only wants to be the bad guys when he plays his game?

Lastly, with the Super Bowl on Sunday and Spring Training still a few weeks away, I'm about to enter the time my sports world turns into a vast wasteland. I'm not a basketball fan, so the time between this Sunday and Opening Day always seems to last forever. Thankfully, this makes year number 3 that I've had my satellite dish, so I at least get daily Spring Training updates and some games on NESN.

Which makes the fact LOST returned tonight that much more enjoyable. The stupid writers strike took Jack Bauer away from me this year, so I'm counting on the 8 new episodes of LOST to carry me through until the first of April.

And yes, I'm fully aware of the fact I need to get a life.

Sue me.

26 comments:

Tex said...

how about ai buy your a rabbbita insetad?

Ted D said...

Becks, you are on my list.

No rabbits, Tex. Not the regular kind, and not the waskelly kind.

And here I thought Kim Wingo calling me Farmer Ted in the 11th grade was bad.

Anonymous said...

Anytime I've visited, it really hasn't been loud Ted so I'm not sure what you mean. Entertaining, yes! Active, yes! but never loud. Hmm? Maybe my hearing is going? YOWZA!!!!

JMP said...

SUE you?!?!?!?
Not me pal.....
My luck I would win and the court would give me your kids instead of moola!!!

With three of my own I have all ready gone through ankle-biter hell and now am blissfully enjoying the TEEN-AGE nightmare years...
Where they are much more quite, don't get under foot as much and are self sufficient...until they screw up BIG TIME!!!!

TED...enjoy them while you can. As strange as it may sound. One day you will be looking at a 16 year old Rakes or Trot or Ciera and your heart will ache to see them as a little kid again..just once.

beckperson said...

Hey, Junior, I'm innocent, I tell ya. I-N-N-O-C-E-N-T.

Tree Newt said...

Edge, your hearing must be going. It is LOUD at the Dalton house.

Of course, anyone that knows our whole family knows that statement could be true of ANY of our houses!

Redbeard76 said...

Loud at your place? Just wait till Tex swings by, you're gonna need an Advil IV drip.

But speaking of headaches, I must have been channeling you last night. I even said to the mrs- "leave me alone, don't talk to me" last night. It was beyond unbearable. Yes, papers are being drawn up and I expect to get served anyday now.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(joking - or am i?)

Ted D said...

Edge, you need to get your hearing checked, asap.

jmp, I try and treasure every second they are this age. One day I'm going to print the blog and have it bound. Even last night, with my head about to explode, I was laughing at the wee one going "Chee!". But I hear you man. I hear you.

Becks, the investigation is underway. Consider yourself a person of interest.

Mattie, thanks. I think.

Stephen, you and I must read the same handbook on what you should NOT say to your wives. Good luck brother, and it's been nice knowing you.

::waves::

Tex said...

Ted. it doesnt take even a columbo to figure it out.

Heh..."junior" LOLOL!! Good One Becks!!!

the internet is my friend

Redbeard76 said...

Wait... Ted's not your real name?

I feel so lied to.

;-)

Ted D said...

Yuk it up, Tex over Becks and her "Junior" comment. I'll have my revenge!

Stephen, Ted is my nickname that I've gone by all my life. It comes from my middle name Edward.

Tex and Becks did some investigative journalism, I'm guessing because they have my home address, and figured out the first name.

Redbeard76 said...

Now who's being watched by Homeland Security - Heh? :D

Tex said...

actually i didnt even NEED your address...I just know what city you live in :)

Ted D said...

It's a little scary, right Stephen?

What's even scarier Tex, is you did it in such a, well, altered state. ;)

beckperson said...

Actually, it is pretty scary what you can find out about people on the internets. I used the same technique on myself and got a map right to my front door.

::hopes I don't have any enemies, other than 'Ted'::

Ted D said...

Becks, I've done that before too. Sort of gives you the jimmies.

And no worries on the name thing.

::hygs::

Tree Newt said...

necks, don't tell Ted stuff like that. He's come so far, we don't want a relapse. He's libel to go Unabomber on us, disconnect from the Matrix, and go live in the wood's somewhere.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Thank God we have each other in this crazy blog land to get through huh?

Chee!

Ted D said...

Mattie, I know you meant Becks, but necks is pretty funny! Yeah, I been pondering on all that; don't think I can disconnect at this point. But the idea has some merit.

Dawn, I agree 100%; it's nice to have the company.

Chee!

Krystle [RSO] said...

You should take Imitrex(sp) when you have a headache. I take those and wow, they work really fast. You might need to take another one in 2 hours but it works AWESOME.

However, you'd have to see your doctor about it so I don't know how that would work.

Stephen - Oh I hate those headaches. You don't want anyone near you? Yeah, I know those headaches. I think the parents have learned not to go near me haa.

Tex said...

now Becks has a new nickname :)

Ted D said...

Krystle, I used to get them about 6 times a year and took something for them that did the trick. Haven't had one like last night in over 2 years. Hopefully that'll do me for awhile.

Tex, necks sort of has a nice ring to it, don't you think? ;)

beckperson said...

Hmmmm, necks, I guess I've been called worse!

Mattie (if that is indeed your REAL name), I'll try to take it easy on your brother from here on out - he is a delicate one!

Tex said...

yah he's the fuddy one of the family :)

Ted D said...

Now necks, I'm not delicate...

I'm neurotic. Big difference.

And Matt IS his real name, oh sarcastic one. ;)

Ted D said...

Great; now Tex is going to write a joke book about my name. ;)