CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Whoever said Sunday was a day of rest was obviously our of their mind; most times the day flies by without a chance to sit down and before I know it I'm in a state of depression that only the Red Sox can get me out of.

Today was no different; starting off with getting the boys ready for church. If you've ever tried to put shoes on a hummingbird, you understand how difficult this seemingly simple task can be. Did I mention Trot has learned a new word? No is now his favorite thing to say. Then it's off to church, rush home and eat lunch, and hope that Trot doesn't fall asleep with his face in his plate. If THAT happens, a 2 1/2 hour nap turns into 45 minutes.

Thankfully he stayed awake and once I got him down for the afternoon, I somehow convinced Rakes to lay down on the couch and watch the football game with me. He actually fell asleep for about an hour and a half and when we got up my shirt was soaked with sweat.

Or so I thought.

It was right around this point he came waddling out of the bathroom, pants around his ankles, and said in the sweetest voice you can imagine "I peed in my pants". My nice Sunday shirt needs about 3 new buttons 'cause that thing came off in a way that would make a Chippendale dancer green with envy.

Lastly, I watched the "60 Minutes" interview with Clemens while I read Rakes his bedtime stories. In between the adventures of Thomas the Train I heard the words "Hogwash", something about a 3rd ear growing out of his forehead and pulling a tractor with his teeth, and a lot of answering a question with a question. I don't KNOW whether he took PED's; I THINK he did, but that doesn't matter.

What amazes me is the way he's just flat out denying ever doing ANYTHING wrong. Bonds pleaded ignorance and the rest who've confessed have used the old "I only did it that one time" defense. Clemens is vehement in his denial, which either means he's innocent or he's digging his own grave. This is just one more black eye for the game I love, and that makes me more than a little sad; looking at your favorite players and wondering if they cheated to get where they are is not a fun way to watch the game.

All I know is when the highlight of your day is realizing your son peed all over you, you know tomorrow has gotta be better.

21 comments:

Tex said...

well it could have been vomit :)

Ted D said...

I almost wish it was. ;)

~**Dawn**~ said...

I can't help but think that Rog-ah is sinking his own ship. After all, he has been "invited" to be questioned by Congress. And McNamee is giving the exact opposite argument with the same ammount of passion -- and why would *he* lie? Because if what he says is true, he's looking at some time in the slammer.

Sorry you had a rough day. At least you aren't dreading Monday now though, right? =/

Tex said...

sack UP. and the clown was me.

heading to granbury in the morn...new post

Ted D said...

Dawn,

I agree 100%. Why would McNamee lie when he's looking at prison? And Pettitte SORT of came clean when confronted with all of it.

And yes, Monday is looking much better!

Tex, have a safe trip and a good week; and I'd NEVER call you a clown.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Sorry I haven't dropped in. Played BBall for 3 hrs this afternoon and then we had a party to go to.

I have a friend who had the same thing happen to him. Kid peed on his shirt while holding him. He ended up getting lime disease. I sure hope that doesnt happen to you.

Ted D said...

I don't know what is the bigger lie: you playing ball for 3 hours or the lime disease story.

Do they still call you Milky?

And where have you been?

Redbeard76 said...

I recorded the Roger thing, I pretty much know what he's going to say so i'm saving it for a snowy wintry evening. It doesn't really matter what he says, he's covering his ass, but it's doubtful that he's going to pitch another year, no matter where it is.

Every time I take Sierra from the bath to the living room to be dressed I send PVs so she doesn't pee all over the carpet.

Ted D said...

Just the same basic denials he's been saying, Stephen. On the no pitching thing, he STILL won't say he's done for sure; I think he's holding out hope he can pitch in the Olympics this year.

And I'm with you on after the bath; we RUN with Trot until we get the diaper on him!

Anonymous said...

Hey it's good to see you Scott. Things haven't been the same around here or Mattie's without you. So how was the basketball game?

Anonymous said...

Whoops! This is Ted's blog and I meant to say Ewwwww!! Welcome to Parenthood although I haven't experienced that with my dd, I did have a guinea pig pee on me. Double Ewwwww!

Tree Newt said...

Well, it could have been worse. It HAS been worse for me. Be thankful it was just pee.

And it's lyme, not lime.

Unless you're talking about a disease common to 7-Up and Sprite drinkers.

Ted D said...

I survived and so far, no LIME disease. (Bub needs a spellcheck as bad as I do.)

And Mattie, I've had all that, times FOUR on me within the last 2 weeks. It's a miracle I'm not in an institution.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

In case you haven't tried it lime gets past spell check. that's why I was born for stand up comedy not blogging. Just finished a 5 mile bike ride with Bear. As soon as I throw up I will be better.

Ted D said...

Baskeball for 3 hours and 5 mile bike rides? Who are you trying to kid?

5 BLOCKS I'll buy.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Jr I am training to run a marathon.

Ted D said...

What marathon? The OKC Senior Open? You'll be like Tom Watson on the Senior PGA tour blowing all the geezers away. ;)

If you're serious, good for you. You certainly have the free time to do it.

Tree Newt said...

Amazing what you can do when you don't work, isn't it?

Bub, how's our resident cyclops? She doing better?

Ted D said...

Bub works, Mattie.

It's just he works 5 months a year.

Let's face it; it's more than we do and we have full time jobs.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

I get a little nervous when Ted gives me a compliment.

The cyclops or or as Courtney calls it her wonkie eye, I think is doing better. Eye doc said it was a infection not scratch. Of course she says why couldn't I have broke my leg at least I could watch a movie.

Ted D said...

Tell Court Uncle Ted says to sack up and act like a man.

Which means cry, whine, and complain as much as humanly possible.