CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

As I sit here tonight, with enough Christmas lights spread around the inside of my house to make Clark Griswold green with envy and the melodious sound of "The X Men" movie in the background, I'm well aware I've got many reasons to be thankful.

A beautiful wife I know I don't deserve. Three happy, perfectly healthy children, even if they all are about 3 bricks shy of a load. A nice house, food in the pantry, and I've somehow avoided being committed to a mental institution.

I'm 38 years old and both my parents are still with us, I've got 4 siblings and we all somehow still get along, and I adore my nieces and nephews. I've also got some great friends that I've met over the last couple of years that I never expected to occupy such a huge place in my heart. I heard all you guys and you know who you are.

Thanksgiving is more than just getting the day off from work, eating more than the average human should consume in a week much less a day, and watching Detroit lose. Again.

Take a minute to be thankful for whoever or whatever in your life you're grateful for. You never know when you'll get the chance again.

I leave you with the graceful tones and soothing sounds of Trot, singing the "Micky Mouse Clubhouse" theme song like he's trying out for the lead singer of Megadeth.

The boy can bust a pretty good move too.

8 comments:

HorshamScouse said...

A great sentiment, Ted. I've made more friends on the interwebs than in what passes for real life and I'm thankful for all of them.

I think I'm going to need your translation services talking to the the Trotster. Must remember to bring my camcorder as well as my big boy's camera.

Ted D said...

John, half the time I can't understand what he's talking about. But we've got Ang to fill in the gap for us so we should be good.

Tex said...

ok maybe its cos im using firefox for my internet server? cos this video says the same thing...
we're sorry, this video is no longer available.

Hope ya had a great day with the family and able to sneak in a nap

Ted D said...

Tex, I use Firefox too and it's working just fine. I was able to watch it from work the other day as well. I'll try to use blogger again and not YouTube.

We had a great day but no nap for me. :(

Beth said...

Hope you had a great day, Ted!

Dewey said...

Happy Thanksgiving,Ted. Hope you had a great day.

Ted D said...

Beth and Dewey, I had a great day. Hope you two did as well!

Sarah said...

This video worked but I wanna see the Turkey dance! :)