CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tell me it's not Christmas yet.

I'd like to apologize to the lady who goes to my church whose name I don't even know that was sitting in the DVD section at BestBuy tonight around 8:50.

Normally, I don't curse unless it's during a Red Sox/Yankee game, but if you knew how much I hated doing ANYTHING when I'm off work you might understand. Ever since we got the "Special Invitation" to the FANTASTIC SALE FOR INVITED GUESTS ONLY!" Ang has been out of control.

As hard as I tried to explain how it was just a ploy to get people in on a Sunday night in November and stimulate some business, she was having none of it. Sure enough, we pull up at 8:20 and there are roughly 50 morons standing in line to buy something tonight that will be exactly the same price tomorrow.

I ain't been married 16 years for nothing. I know when to hold 'em, and I know when to fold 'em, so I went along to get along to buy a new digital camera for us and some Christmas presents for the mental patients that live with us. I thought it appropriate, since everyone was asleep by the time we got back (Big Up's to my Mom for having the guts to come over at bedtime to watch them all) that the first picture taken by our new camera was of my favorite piece of clothing.

My Red Sox cap. Yeah, it's a little faded, more than a tad worn out, and just plain dirty. But just like me, it's not quite ready for the scrap heap yet.

But back to the lady from church? I wish I knew your name, but I recognized you all the same. And if you see Ang at church next Sunday if you could sort of keep the whole "I saw your husband pacing the DVD isle at BestBuy last week wondering, and I quote "Why don't they put all the *#@*@#* DVD players in the same *&$#@@#$*&$ place?" to himself?

I'd really appreciate it.

10 comments:

HorshamScouse said...

Been there, done that (the cursing out loud, not the lady from the church).

Glad it was Best Buy. I was trying to describe Best Buy to a mate at work the other day and I couldn't remember its name, although I haunt the place when I'm in the US.

They say the memory's the first something or other...

Ted D said...

John, glad I'm not the only one. And I absolutely HATE shopping, especially at 8:30 at night.

Tree Newt said...

I just want to know when the "know when to hold 'em" wisdom appeared. You're not exactly known for that round these parts. See: "I make 5 times as much as you!" comment.

Ted D said...

I'm just a slow learner, that's all Mattie.

Redbeard76 said...

Tee hee, Ted said Big Up about his mom. You are going English too, my man. Tally ho.

Ted D said...

I didn't know that was an English thing, Redbeard. How about that? I'm cultured and I didn't even know it.

Tex said...

Ted, you need to view going into stores like a little kid...all wide eyed with wonder...then ask the help where the thingie is that you are looking for.

breathe

Ted D said...

Can't do it Tex. I HATE shopping for anything. Just leave me home with the hooligans and I'm just fine. ;)

Redbeard76 said...

It was made famous by Ali G (aka Sacha Baron Cohen aka Borat) but it's a thing the common English kids say these days. Big Ups my man.

Ted D said...

Ah, Ali G.

I'm hip.

Who knew?