CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

It's only 1 game.


*Picture from Yahoosports.com*

I think this picture sums up RSN's feelings pretty well: we're all aggravated with the way the game turned out tonight. Having a one run lead TWICE tonight and still losing is like getting the wind knocked out of you while you are walking the dog. Not a pleasant feeling.

Still, they took 2 out of 3 from the O's and the Blue Jays, so you can't exactly call it a disappointment. I feel for Schill, who pitched well enough to earn the win, but I can't be too disappointed. It's still a 6 game lead and they're off to Baltimore.

So am I, along with my little brother, in 2 days for our annual trek to the House that Cal built: this time, I'm mixing in a SG travelling road show which includes meeting my long lost, adopted sister, Tex. Should be a great time meeting everyone, and let me take this moment to wish Tex, Kelly, Cyn, JD, Rob, BB, Citizen, Candaon, Hayes, KDB, and anyone else I've missed safe travels to Baltimore.

Forget ARod hitting 2 HR's in one inning tonight. Forget the loss to the Blue Jays.

Just think how sweet it'll be to be the AL East Division Champs for the first time since 1995.

16 comments:

Tex said...

\\Just think how sweet it'll be to be the AL East Division Champs for the first time since 1995. //

to quote a cook off the tv

"YUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM-O"

Ted D said...

Is that the Cajun chef you're quoting Tex? Mattie used to love watching that guy.

Tex said...

naw...Rachael Ray she always says that. the Cajun Chef says

"BAMMMM"

or if its that OTHER one...he just talks with a thick cajun accent.
I still cant believe I got offered to go to LSU this weekend with GREAT seats! THIS WEEKEND...proof why sport seasons should NOT cross

Ted D said...

I'm proud of you for sticking to your guns and going to Baltimore!

Man, it's 7:30 am and Rakes is already in full blown meltdown about what to eat for breakfast: I'm off to take Ciera to school and escape the madness.

Is it Sat morning yet?

Tree Newt said...

The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!! We lost! WE lost!!!

AAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!




Only kidding little bro. B-more, here we come!

Stacy said...

You 3 stay out of trouble in Baltimore, and I want a full recap when you get home.

Have a great trip. :)

KAYLEE said...

HAVE FUN GUYS:P

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Of course Jr its only one game. It was also one bullet that killed Pres. Kennedy. One cow that caused the Chicago fire, one iceberg that sunk the Titanic, one look that brought King David to his knees,and of course one pass that put a smurf in the NFL as a quarterback.

Relax

Ted D said...

I am relaxed Oh giver of wisdom: And I'm determined you will NOT get to me: I'm calm, cool, and collected.

It may be because the Sox are winning 5-4, but I'll take it.

Stacy, Mattie will stay out of trouble, and I'm counting on him to keep ME out of trouble: Tex, well, I'm afraid that's a tough one!

Tex said...

::still ignoring Scott::

Ted, i do NOT know where you're getting the crazy notion I need help to stay out of trouble

Ted D said...

I reckon I'm just pulling it out of thin air sis. ;)

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Tex, trying to figure out ::.:';:
have you gone blind and now write in braille?

Tex said...

LOL! I forget Scott doesnt blog on SG. Ted would you tell Scott what the ::words inside:: mean? Im not talking to him

Ted D said...

Bub, it's like you are thinking it in your head without saying it out loud.

Like this.

::I wonder if Scott knows Tex is ticked at him::

KAYLEE said...

HEY SCOTT-Would you please make up your mind on what team you support?

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Kaylee, support, like in jockey straps, cause Im not getting into this boxer ,brief thing again.

:: Tex I guess I must be like that scratch you can't itch. Cause to not be talking to me I sure do seem to be on your mind a lot!::