CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 21, 2007

Superheros and Texans: It's gotta be Friday Night.



Rakes got his Halloween costume today: he's going as Bibleman. For those of you not familiar with this particular character, he's a Superhero who has a light saber and fights the bad guys while quoting the Bible. If you are above the age of 5 it will drive you crazy: the acting makes Barney seem like Jack Nicholson. However, it's a really positive thing for kids: teaches them good life lessons and it has Rakes spouting off scripture. The fact he's doing this while brandishing a sword and yelling like a maniac notwithstanding, at least it's a good message.





According to Angie, Trot had an ever lovin' fit when he saw Rakes cape: seems like he needed one too, so one towel and one clothespin later he was a happy camper. Man, do I wish I'd been home when all this was going on.




Finally, the Dynamic Duo together: I've said it before, but now I'm convinced. One day in the not too distant future, there will be a YouTube video of the two of them lighting bottle rockets out of their rear ends. It's as much of a sure fire lock as you'll ever find.

In Red Sox news, tonight was a GREAT night: Beckett got his 20th win, getting 8 K's, 1 run, 4 hits, and 2 walks. That's the definition of an ace: go up against the best the other team has to offer and slam the door shut.

Sox win 8-1 and as of right now, it's 4-4 in the 13th in New York. The Blue Jays wasted an outstanding outing by Doc Halladay, gacking up 4 runs in the bottom of the ninth and letting the MFY's right back in it.

I'm not sweating that tonight: my team took care of business and dropped the magic number for making the playoffs down to 2. Plus, Eric Gagne actually had a clean 1-2-3 inning in the ninth, and all of a sudden life is good again. In related news, they're playing hockey on the River Styx tonight.

It's amazing what a couple of capes and a Red Sox win will do for your mental outlook.

Here's to more of the same tomorrow.

UPDATE: The Yankees, after that 4 run comeback, LOST in the 14th inning after a Greg Zaun HR. The magic number to make the playoffs is now 2, and to win the division, 7.

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have only one word for the Dynamic Duo...ADORABLE!!!! Honestly, what a precious picture. Curious as to where Biblegirl was in all the mix. It's been too long since I watched Bibleman but my favorite was the original villan. I just can't remember his name at the moment. He's the one that does that silly dance though and I won't forget it.

gojohn said...

Bibleman!!

Ted D said...

They were too goofy Denise: and honestly I can't take the video's but only for a minute: it's just over the top cheesy. But, it's not often you can put your kids in front of the tv and not have to wonder if they'll take away something bad from it.

John, hope you and yours are all doing well.

Nice bounce back for the boys last night, and the Yankees lost as well: back to 2.5 with a magic number of 1 for the playoffs and 8 for 7 for the division.

Stacy said...

Those pictures remind of two other boys when they were little. :)

Too cute that Trot had to be in on the action. I'm just concerned that Rakes' costume won't make it until time for trick or treat. :) He may have to borrow Trot's blanket and clothespin.

Ted D said...

Good call Stacy: it's already got a hole in it.

Week 2 of soccer: Rakes had 2 goals, but wore himself out playing BEFORE the game. The last 15 minutes were 15 very LONG, whining minutes.

Tex said...

Texans ARE SuperHeros :)

Those pics are adorable!! and of Course Trot would want a cape like his older brother...thats just natural.

maybe I should be SuperTex for halloween? oh wait...i already am :)

Ted D said...

I've got good subject material to work with Tex.

And yes, you are already SUPER TEX!


Check your email in a bit.

Stacy said...

Yep, you're already Super Tex. Maybe you could be a Sooner. :)

KAYLEE said...

tex you are a character of your own.

and how adorable they look togetther.

//Week 2 of soccer: Rakes had 2 goals, but wore himself out playing BEFORE the game. The last 15 minutes were 15 very LONG, whining minutes.//

good for him is he one of the best on the team?

Ted D said...

Stacy, now you're just BEGGING her for more Sooner jokes.

Rakes is just fast and coordinated: I don't know if you'd say he was better. Just maybe more interested in what's going on.

KAYLEE said...

//Rakes is just fast and coordinated: I don't know if you'd say he was better. Just maybe more interested in what's going on.//

Yeah thats half the battle at that age huh?

where the heck has scott been?

Tex said...

What did the Okie say to the Texan when he asked why did he come to Texas?

I got here as SOOONER as I could.

Stacy...I attended 2 colleges to get my B.S. and M.S....neither one do I have allegiance to.
HOWEVER...Id sooner be a Canadian than a Sooner.

Anonymous said...

That's the spirit Tex! How do Canadians spell Canada???

C eh? N eh? D eh?

hahahaha

Ted D said...

Great: I've got a Texan and a Canadian in a "Last Comic Standing" contest. Scotty ever shows up, and it'll be total anarchy. ;)

Stacy said...

hee, hee...these jokes are too cute. :)

Ted D said...

Stacy, you are encouraging them.

JMP said...

Hey Ted,
I see that Righteous Rakes and Trueblood Trot are ready to take on all evil doers! The bad guys don't stand a chance!!

Nice win last night, eh?!? Even Gagne looked good.

Dice is not too shabby tonight with the score now at 3-2. Hope the Sox bats keep banging away..

Ted D said...

jmp,

I'm just afraid they'll pull an Anakin and go over to the dark side some day.

GREAT win last night, and Daisuke is pitching a good game tonight, other than the Pena HR.

JMP said...

With you as their PaPa they will never stray from the Jedi path. Good breeding ya know ;>)

Wow...Drew just homered..but on that pitch, I would have homered!!!
Just kidding, glad to see that Drew is getting warmer as the post season approaches

Ted D said...

jmp, from your lips to God's ears. I feel like I fail more times than not, but I guess most Dad's feel that way.

Drew is playing great the past few weeks. Like you said, just when we need it the most. All of a sudden, when Manny gets back, that 3-4-5 we have in the lineup is pretty impressive.

JMP said...

Gomes almost tied the game.
Dice is getting sloppy!!!

Ted D said...

I imagine his night is done. MDC was warming up, so I figure it'll be him in the 7th, Gagne (help us Lord) or Timlin in the 8th, and Pap in the 9th.

Unless we score a bunch here, then all bets are off. I'm hoping for this option, btw.

Ted D said...

I was wrong: he's back out for the 7th.

Not sure if I like this or not...

JMP said...

Going back to the 3-4-5 post,
If Manny comes back strong and then adding in Lowell, Pedroia and Ellsbury we will have one very strong line-up!
And if Youk gets his bat singing again..watch out!! It will be like a Cannon volley!!

JMP said...

Yikes!!!
dice in the 7th!!! Hope they gave hime some orange juice or something t o keep him going..

Ted D said...

2 down, 1 on, full count: I'm sweating bullets right now.

Ball four: Lopez coming in.

At times like this, I ask myself: This is FUN?

JMP said...

Carlos Pena would look good in a Red Sox jersey...especially right NOW!!

Ted D said...

jmp, one of the highlights of late season last year, was Pena hitting that walk off HR for the Sox.

Ted D said...

Pena just homered: you have GOT to be kidding me.

JMP said...

Good God!!!5-6 UGH!!!

JMP said...

Now I shake in my shoes every time the bullpen steps in. That is not good. Cant believe he was ahead and then left a meatball over the plate.

Ted D said...

It's a strange feeling, huh jmp?

After being so good all year, it's a little nerve racking.

Timlin does his job, and it IS the DRay pen, so all is not lost.

JMP said...

Yes, I'm hoping we can smack a few for Dice, I'd like to se him et the win.

JMP said...

9th inning solo homer by TEK!
Nice

Tree Newt said...

Alright...I'm late coming in. What's the score?

And the pics are CLASSIC! If only I had one of a certain older brother running around in his skivvies with a drumstick stuck down the side as his sword...

JMP said...

Hi Mattie,
Sox are making some top of the 9th magic, 2 outs 8-6 sox!

Ted D said...

PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Sox win 8-6 and we are going to the DANCE!!!!!!!

Tiggers lose, Sox win: we are IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!

Tree Newt said...

Good stuff, all around!