CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back from Paradise

Five minutes after picking the kids up and getting home, the following occurred.

Rakes hit Trot upside the head with a water gun rifle, leaving a bump the size of Greenland, Ciera had asked me for the 15th time if I'd write a check for $50 to her school (so she could be Principle or something; I gotta admit I was in overload), and apparently Trot's adventures with MRSA aren't quite over.

Does anyone have a 20 ft bubble I can borrow for the next 15 years?

Ang and I had a great time away; we actually talked about something other than "Are you going to handle this or do you want me to?"

Crossing the Inter coastal Waterway as we entered Emerald Isle, we discussed how much longer Trot will be in diapers.

At the Bouge Inlet Pier, we strolled hand in hand and wondered if Rakes needs to be on Ritalin and if the age of 9 is too young to enroll Ciera in a nunnery.


Ang and I spent some time along the waterfront at Morehead City, watching the ships roll in and having some quality time with each other. Just don't tell her I was wondering why we couldn't score more runs when Beckett pitched, will ya'?

Finally, the Red Sox don't waste a fantastic pitching performance; Jon Lester goes 8 innings, gives up 1 hit, and in the bottom of the ninth? A little walk off magic; Papi walked, Manny singles, and Youk drives The Large Father in with a single. Sox win, 1-0.

It's official. I'm never going on vacation during the season again.

19 comments:

Tex said...

unless of course it is to Boston :)

Welcome Home, we missed you.

Ted D said...

Thanks, Tex.

Missed you too.

And unless it's Boston is a given. ;)

I trust you're treating Becks and Mr. Becks to a good time.

Tex said...

well they are getting a rest from me since yesterday. Tomorrow I head back and we start again....although Im afraid they think im 25...i can party every night

Ted D said...

Don't let me down, Tex. ;)

Three days of vacation has left me spent.

See you tomorrow, hopefully.

And I love Youk.

That is all.

HorshamScouse said...

Glad you guys had a good time. You both deserved it. Whoever was kitten wrangler for last few days must be exhausted.

You get back? Losing streak over. Spooky!

beckperson said...

Aw, come on. We are both OLDER than Tex. She can run rings around us. But I have to say we had a most excellent time tonight going to a club at the UNHOLY hour of 10:30 pm...on a Tuesday! I heard me some vacation. :)

Welcome back, Tedders. Only 2-1/2 weeks till we finally meet face-to-face. Cannot f'ing wait.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Welcome back! Priceless comments! I'm glad you both had a chance for some R&R.

Ted D said...

Horsham, both sets of parents did the cat wrangling, which we are both very grateful. And I AM the slump buster! Great win last night.

Becks, glad to hear you're having a great time; I imagine Tex as a tour guide is not the typical experience. And I can't wait to meet you too.

Edge, thanks; it was nice, but too short. I almost feel guilty getting to go away in two weeks by myself.

Almost. ;)

JMP said...

Ted,
Glad you and the misses had a great time. I'm sure she needed it!!

Anonymous said...

Haven't "seen" Scott in a long while. Where he be?

Ted D said...

JMP, it was great, and she needs about a week. We're talking about going for 5 days in the fall.

Edge, he started the tree stand back up; I'm guessing he's just really busy.

Nancy said...

Glad you had a good time Ted. Great picture of You and Angie.

Ted D said...

Thanks, Nance. We both needed a break.

My focus is now on getting to Elmerpalooza.

Tex said...

i am not 25

Ted D said...

Hang tough, Texas!

Tree Newt said...

Dude, tell me you had the brains not to be continually checking the sports ticker for score updates. Please. Tell me you unplugged from the Matrix for a few hours at least!

Ted D said...

Newt, I had ESPN on every chance I could get.

Hi, my name is Ted.

And I have a problem.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Is the bubble for you or the kids? ;-)

Ted D said...

For me of course. ;)