CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Slump This

It's nice to see The Large Father smiling again. After a rough start to the season, Papi has started to come on lately, culminating in his opposite field, over the Green Monster Grand Slam in tonight's game vs. Texas.

Throw in 5 plus from Daisuke, a Munchkin bomb, and Aardsma getting out of a bases loaded jam in the 8th, you've got a good thing going.

Matsuzaka wins his 4th game, Papi with 5 RBI tonight, and Jacoby Ellsbury could probably outrun a cheetah in a foot race. Sox win 11-3 and sit in first place in the AL East at 11-7; going into the season, with the trip to Japan and the schedule, I would have taken a .500 record as a positive.

I'm glad they don't listen to me.

5 comments:

HorshamScouse said...

I thought it was great that Papi's GS scored Lowrie, Pedroia and Ellsbury.

And Papi's smile was amazing.

(Your comment box won't resize, BTW)

Ted D said...

Horsham, I thought that was pretty cool too; the old guy driving in the 3 pups.

What do you mean it won't resize? It won't get bigger? I'll have to fiddle around with blogger later tonight.

Tex said...

i love him hitting it off mendoza. and of course we write about the same thing sorta.

Tree Newt said...

Good to see Papi starting to roll. You just knew it wouldn't last. And I'll take 11-7, too.

Ted D said...

Tex, it is funny it was Mendoza; it's gotta be a sign.

Mattie, 11-7 is much better than I thought we'd be.