CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Off Day

Miss Hathaway knows when I take the day off, all calls are to be screened except for the following three; Theo Epstiein calling to finally offer me that "Executive assistant to the GM" job, Ed McMahon telling me I've won the Publishers House Sweepstakes, and Angie uttering the following: "We're at the Ramirez Level, Miss Hathaway. Tell Ted to grab his Emergency hazmat suit and meet me at the front door".

Trust me, you don't wanna know.

Other than that, her job on my off day is to take down messages and continue typing up the peace accord I'm proposing for the Sunni's and the Shiite's. I don't want to give away too much, but suffice it to say that the Red Sox, Bert Reynold's rug, and an entire collection of "He-Man: Master of the Universe" toys are involved.

So while she worked on my future Pulitzer Prize, I took Martin and Lewis to the park. Where I had to show Trot the proper way to go down the slide...

Took this rather scary shot of Rakes...

And had a great day with my 2 favorite little rug rats in the whole world.

It beats working any day of the week.

After taking 2 outa 3 from the Yankees, the Sox are in Cleveland for 2 games before heading to NYC and 2 more with New York.

Here comes the start of that 15 game winning streak I keep dreaming about.

14 comments:

Tree Newt said...

Dude, I forgot about one other thing I liked about market: the first day off once it's over. Looks like your's was well spent, big bro.

But I'm telling you this:good thing that "Name it and Claim It" stuff is bunk, because if it was true, you've turned Rakes into the next Capone.

Ted D said...

I haven't done anything; the boy has done it all on his own.

Oh yeah; thanks for the He Man Toys for my peace proposal.

Tree Newt said...

No worries. Glad I can contribute to world events. I'll send you the bill, though, because those jokers are MINT!

Ted D said...

They won't be mint after I'm done with them, FWIW.

Tree Newt said...

LOL! OMG! TISF!!! YAKM!!! CADBYGTS!!!

Ted D said...

What are you babbling about, Corn Meal?

Tree Newt said...

Just getting in on the shorthand!

LOL (you know that)
OMG (that too)
TISF (That Is So Funny)
YAKM (You Are Killing Me)
CADBYGTS (Check All the Doors Before You Go To Sleep)

Now,having written that out, that sounds more like the title to a slasher flick than a dig at your OCD. In fact, it sounds plain weird. But, I thought it funny as I wrote it.

Ted D said...

You can make fun of me all you want, Oat Meal. Manny went yard in the top of tht ninth, and Pap shut the door in the bottom.

6-4 Red Sox!

WOOT!

~**Dawn**~ said...

15 ganes win streak? From your lips to God's ears. And while you're at it, might wanna include a little prayer that that Rakes photo is not a premonition. ;-)

Glad you had a good day off, Ted. You've had one coming. =)

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you may have had more fun than the boys.

Ted D said...

Dawn, 15 games may be selling them short. ;) We need a good, long run here.

Edge, you are probably right; we had a good time.

Redbeard76 said...

Rakes behind bars again?

I like it when we play Cleveland, it's almost or even sometimes more exciting than playing the yankers. Manny is absolutely very comfortable hitting there, and hooray for Ortizzle busting out of his slump!

Stacy said...

Well, of COURSE Trot would go down the slide backwards. :) Stop taking pictures of Rakes behind bars; you'll give the boy a complex.

How's Trot feeling?

Ted D said...

Stephen, I gotta agree with you about the Indians; good young team, exciting games, and without all the hatred for the Yankees.

Stacy, are you kidding me? I can't give that kid a complex; he just walked by me buck naked trying to sneak into his sisters room so he won't have to bathe!

Trot is currently yelling his head off; he's fine. ;)