CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 11, 2008

Wanged in Boston

Like Manny, I can't believe it. How in the world did Chen Mien Wang throw a 2 hit complete game that resulted in a 4-1 MFY win? Seriously, the Red Sox made this guy look like vintage Nolan Ryan tonight. The only run came from a JD Drew HR that somehow cleared the bullpen fence with Bobby Abreu right there; I'm tempted to think Timlin was screaming something about a bow and arrow while he tried to catch the ball with his towel.

If you don't get that last sentence, you need to buy the EI package. Seriously.

Bottom line is this; Wang pitched his tail off and Buchholz did as well, although he didn't get the breaks Wang did. Tip your cap to the winner and move on. Tomorrow is Beckett vs. Mussina; I like our odds.

Tonight was one of those games where the opposing pitcher was flat out dealing and you hope the next time you face him he's worried about that argument with his wife over who cleans out the dishwasher. Because he was as good as a pitcher can be tonight.

I'm tired, I'm wore out, and I've still got 2 more days of Furniture Market to go, so I'll admit I'm not in the best frame of mind. Still, I'll take a dinged up Josh Beckett over just about anyone else not named Santana any day of the week.

Prediction? The boys get one back tomorrow.

16 comments:

KAYLEE said...

TED I HATE THE MFY"S thats all :)

KAYLEE said...

oh and i am glad i couldnt view taht one :P

Ted D said...

Kaylee, I appreciate you commenting, but wouldn't you be more comfortable commenting where other people your age visit? As a married 37 year old Father of 3, I know I would appreciate you going to places online where you'd be the norm.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you were my daughter I'd rather you visited places closer to your age.

Anonymous said...

I'm getting the impression you don't care much for furniture mart. May it encourage you to know that perhaps the Lord is using you there in ways you don't know about. You never know who is watching you or how closely. I don't mean to make you feel weirded out or anything like a stalker is watching you, just that I believe the Lord can use even the most mundane tasks to bring hope to someone.

Tex said...

Beckett will bring it.

Ted D said...

Edge, hope they aren't looking too close, or they'll see a bleary eyed, sleep deprived man on the edge. ;)

Tex, The Commander won't let us down.

Stacy said...

Ted, did you get that little mag with the article on Beckett? I gave it to Mom to give to you. Pretty good article and a couple of nice photos. :)

Tex said...

hey where's mine Sis? ;)

Ted D said...

I got it, Stacy. Thanks; I plan on reading it tomorrow when I'm in purgatory for 3 hours.

Tex, I'll mail it to you when I'm done. Promise.

Tex said...

just kidding ya Ted

Ted D said...

I know silly.

Stacy said...

Tex, it was a National Guard mag that my daughter got (she's a junior in high school so she's starting to gets all kinds of stuff.)

You can look at it when you come visit this summer. :)

Tex said...

Oh cool stacy...interesting that Beckett has an article about him in a national guard mag....and Ted who is Silly? I dont know her.

and i need the backdoor key to this place, im tired of having to have a different password every time. do you know how HARD that is when you're under the influence?

Ted D said...

Sorry Tex, but that one night that guy spammed me and my site hits went from about 45 a day to 250 in about 3 seconds made me nervous.

Key is under the doormat.

Tex said...

you know im joking around.

Ted D said...

Yes dear; I know. ;)

Pap striking out Afraud just now? My favorite moment from the season so far.