CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Scenes from the Birthday party

In this video, you get a pretty good insight into a typical night at the RSD's house; Rakes saying everything REALLY loud, giving a brief muscle flex (blink and you miss it), and Ciera trying to run the show.

Plus Trot getting all excited about Elmo, some hamming for the camera, and a quick "CHEEEEEESE". And that was one of the quieter moments.

Not much to say about todays game except somewhere along the line, the Red Sox became the Blue Jays whipping boys; 10-2, though from what I heard Buchholz wasn't too bad. Some sketchy fielding and general sloppiness played a bigger factor than any bad pitches.

I'm in agreement with most that this trip to Japan and the 3 week road trip are contributing to the uneven play. Shoot, I got 5 hours last night and feel like I've been through the wringer. Beckett tomorrow, then home to Fenway for about a week. I'm guessing being at home will be just what they need to get back to normal. Here's to the Commander of the FYYO Brigade getting the job done tomorrow and sending them home with a 4-3 record to start the season.

Finally, I leave you with this; a brief look at Rakes being Rakes.

Forget him; somebody help ME.

18 comments:

Tex said...

I'm not certain I will be of ANY help when I come visit....cos I'll be the Aunt who encourages all that kind of behavior. I'm holding my sides right now from laughing.

SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!! lolololoolol

Ted D said...

Tex, believe me, I hold no illusions you'll be the voice of reason. In fact, I'm pretty sure it'll take a month of work to undo the effects of your visit.

That said, you'd better come. Even if it's only for the weekend.

Tex said...

I'm plotting right now for a summer visit. I'm just figuring out when the best time is. im working on my agency's policies right now. I want all this done by June 1. i just hope i can make that deadline ive set so i can have a life again

Ted D said...

Tex, we're planning on going to OK around the middle of July to see my sisters and for me to go to my 20th reunion to see how much everybody changed.

Just don't plan your trip for then.

It would be AWESOME if you could visit.

Krystle [RSO] said...

There's one movie that should not EVER be shown to Rake's.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

In all seriousness.

Ted D said...

That and Smokey and The Bandit, Krystle.

All I need is for him to make a run to TexArkana for some Coors beer. ;)

Krystle [RSO] said...

I can see Rake's pretending to ride a horse and finding anything possible to get the sounds of a horse to walk. and the following...

"we are the knights that say NI!"

Ted D said...

Krystle, I've gotta say for someone who's never experienced live Rakes?

You've got him pegged!

Beth said...

And I see Rakes is still sporting his tattoo!

Krystle [RSO] said...

The video kind of helped on that one =]! Plus going into school for working with kids, well. Also having a cousin that is the same age as him helps out.

I can memorize that movie, it's now sad.

Ted D said...

Beth, he won't let us wash it! We have to bathe around it, even though he's got another one waiting in the wings!

Krystle, if you can understand him, you are well on your way to a career in child development.

Tree Newt said...

Bro, I must admit: I didn't think it was too crazy last night at your house. It didn't seem nearly as loud as the video suggests. Hmmm...maybe all those years playing in clubs at 120db are finally taking their toll?

Anonymous said...

I ought to have bought streamers and confetti yesterday for the huge winfall here last night. The girls will be sharing their major win of 2 Litres of Dr. Pepper. You'd think they won the lottery or something. It was a spectacular event.

About that native Canadian comment to Tex yesterday, now she's gonna think we lived in Teepees. hahahah

Tex: I hope you do get to visit this summer. I'd love to meet you too! EH! hahahahhaha You just have to check out Corner Gas on the Superstation if you get it. It's a hoot!

Ted D said...

Mattie, you're just becoming numb to it. Welcome to the Machine.

Edge, you DIDN'T live in teepees? ;)

Redbeard76 said...

Sierra and I loved the videos, Ted. Happy belated birthday, Trotty! Nice muscle flex, I had to watch it again just for that. And Ang's accent.

Beckett will right the ship today, I have a feeling. When they get back to Fenway, I'm sure they'll be so relieved. The road trip is starting to wear on them, it looks like.

Stacy said...

I disagree with Newt...it WAS that loud Friday night. :)

Rakie is killing me with those muscle shirts. He's so skinny his poor little arms look like toothpicks.

Ted D said...

Stephen, glad you and Sierra enjoyed the videos. It's a 3 ring circus here, man.

Stacy, Mattie is in the joy of the moment finding out he's having another baby. Wait until that boy starts terrorizing Caroline. ;)

Bickley said...

That was precious!

Geez...I must have angered the "word verification" gods...I have to type "dxtfjqkw" in the box. That's a word?