CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Coming soon to a Wanted Poster near you.

Sort of scary what the combination of pizza, apple juice, and vanilla ice cream can do, isn't it? And yeah, my stomach just did a barrel roll too, so it's not just you.

But that's not what the title of this post refers to; against her better judgement, Ang bought Rakes and Trot some guns at Target the other day. These, according to Rakes, are "really tool duns, Dad" because they have bullets with them. Granted, they're foam with black plastic tips on them, but they are technically bullets.

With my two hooligans firing them at will, I feel like the Mom in A Christmas Story because I've spent the past 2 nights yelling "Don't point that at him; you'll shoot his eye out!" After repeated assurances that he won't do it again, Rakes lasts all of 3 seconds before he's sticking it in Trot's face and demanding he put his hands up or else. Trot, to his credit, just laughs maniacally and runs in circles.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't get the gravity of the situation. Don't believe me?
Notice the look of, well, insanity on Rakes' face while Trot just laughs. Poor little fella has no idea what the next 10 years will be like.



With every passing day, it seems like Rakes becomes more deranged. When I came home tonight, he was in my bedroom hollering "COME LOOK AT DIS, DAD!" As I turned to look, he's on my bed doing no handed somersaults like some miniature version of Bart Conners on my bed. Meanwhile, it's 45 degrees and raining, yet he insisted on wearing a tank top and shorts with no socks until I convinced he was shaking because he was cold and not because of "the taffine in my apple juice, Dad."


No game tonight for the Red Sox as they take a much deserved rest. Tomorrow, they start a 3 game series against the Blue Jays in Toronto before heading, finally, back to Boston. I'd be remiss in not mentioning the fact that Youk set the Major League record for consecutive chances by a First Baseman without an error, passing noted wife cheater and Ken Doll lookalike Steve Garvey yesterday.


194 chances and counting without an error for a guy who made his bones as a Third Baseman? Not too shabby. Congrats Youk, on an incredible feat.




For some reason, the quote "I ain't an athlete, lady. I'm a baseball player" just popped into my head.

*Thanks to Kelly 'O for the picture of Youk.*

12 comments:

Tex said...

i see Youk has your taste in beer ;)

::note to self-look for cowboy guns for presents::

Ted D said...

Not cowboy guns.

Laser pistols, Tex. Laser pistols.

And if you can find a real, working light saber?

You've got a friend for life.

Trust me on this one.

Tree Newt said...

Dude, the "taffine" line is CLASSIC!!!!

And Trotty's laughing because he knows, like I know, that the little brother ALWAYS gets the last laugh.

Oh, and congrats for just ensuring that Youk will commit an error tomorrow night. Talking about that is like a commentator going "He's working on a perfect game here in the bottom of the ninth" right before someone goes yard on the poor guy.

Ted D said...

When did you ever get the last laugh, Skelator?

And everbody and their brother is talking about Youk. Best thing I've heard about it?

They got the first base bag from Oakland and the whole team signed it for Youk.

::wipes tear away::

I love these boys.

Tree Newt said...

Oh, I got the last laugh a PLENTY, don't you worry. Beat on me? Well then, I'll just bite the ends off our new nerf footballs and blame YOU!!! How's that tail end doing, jr?!!!!

And as to Youk, all I'm saying is that you just cost him the streak, that's all.

Ted D said...

Go sell some advertising, will you? ;)

Youk will get to 300 games, minimum.

::says Hail Mary::

Anonymous said...

I didn't know apple juice had caffeine in it. hahahahah I get the impression from Trot that he will be able to stand on his own against the Rakeisms!

~**Dawn**~ said...

1. How on earth does Rakes know about caffeine??

2. //Trot, to his credit, just laughs maniacally and runs in circles.//

Now picture Rakes as Julian & Trot as Manny and that gets even funnier.

3. YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUK!

Krystle [RSO] said...

I was going to ask the same question as Dawn did, so I'm covered on that department.

Have the boys made Ang lose her mind by getting them toy guns? Bless her.

I'm so proud of our YOOOOUK.

Ted D said...

Trot takes a beating but he keeps coming back, so I think he'll make it, Edge. ;)

Dawn, he knows about caffine because his Dad drinks Mt Dew like water and whenever he asks if he can have some, I say no because of the caffine. When he asks why he can't have any, I tell him "I'm afraid the world isn't ready for you amped up anymore, son."

Rakes and Trot as Julian and Manny? Works for me, Dawn. :)

Krystle, she may have finally snapped.

Christine E. said...

Evening everyone:

Well, THAT is a game I am glad I missed..have I ever mentioned that I HATE it when they lose...;-(

Has anyone heard from Kaylee lately? She hasn't posted a blog entry in a LONG time...and I sent her a comment a couple of days ago and there was no response..

Hope everyone is well!

Go Sox!

Ted D said...

Christine,

They lost and it stunk. But if you see my new post, something really awesome happened in the midst of that loss.

All is well here. Hope the same for you.