CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Opening Day

God Bless Johnny Pesky. Opening Day at Fenway is always special, and when you throw in the boys getting their World Series rings? Even better.

One thing I love about John Henry and his ownership group; the past is always included, which is why I love this picture of Papi and Johnny Pesky. Except for the fact he made me cry while watching the video tonight, I heard Mr. Pesky.

And kudos to Mr. Henry and the rest of upper management for realizing how much this man means to the team; he got a WS ring and was standing with the rest of the team when they unveiled the 2007 WS Champion banner.

Oh yeah; Slappy struck out 4 times today.

Against the Royals.

Life is good.

11 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Let's not forget Captain Intangibles being out for three days with an owie. The Green Monster. Remy & Don. World Series rings. And ill fate in the Bronx. All *is* right with the world.

Ted D said...

Hey Dawn.

Those quad injuries can linger, you know. ::crosses fingers::

What a great game to open the year at Fenway.

And Papi hugging Pesky?

Priceless.

Tree Newt said...

Slappy struck out 4 times against KC? That is classic. Glad to see that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

HorshamScouse said...

mlbtv covered the ring ceremony, which was great, but cut to their regular programming (Harold Reynolds wittering about the new Mets stadium) when it came to first pitch. So we missed Bill Buckner.

Other than that, what a day. I got in to work 90 minutes late and all they said was 'the Red Sox must have been playing'. NZ Police are in good shape!

Ted D said...

Mattie, if you get a chance, go to NESN.com and watch some of it. Good stuff.

Horsham, good to know New Zealand law enforcement has the priorities straight!

Off to Furniture Market; if I don't kill somebody I'll consider it a good day.

Tree Newt said...

Just leave all sharp implements at home...

Wait, on second thought, that's not a good idea. Take them with you, but leave them in the car.

Tex said...

getting to see the ring ceremony and game today was Da Bomb for me. I collapsed last night early after posting my blog...smiling after the win.

::long sigh:: Baseball is finally here.

Krystle [RSO] said...

Moments like what happened at Fenway last night are the reasons why I'm happy my college is 4 miles away from Fenway. I swear, it's not the main reason why I'm going to Newbury...really, it isn't.

I met Mr.Pesky once. He's a dirty old man, but that's a different story for another day.

A-Rod struck out 4 times? They lost to KC? Jeter's hurt? Ah, life is good.

Ted D said...

Mr. Pesky?

Say it ain't so, Krystle.

Mattie, I survived the day without running someone over. It was a good day.

Tex, glad you got to see it, and your blog was great!!

Tex said...

my blog was great cos it was about you :)

Ted D said...

Nah, it was great because you were happy for your friend.

That just happened to be me.

It was sweet of you, sis.