CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Off Day Ramblings

Poor Daisuke. After a 3 week whirlwind trip around the world that would make Phineous Fogg weary, he has to get ready for Opening Day at Fenway while the grounds crew waters the grass. The guy has a newborn at home; cut him a little slack guys.

As of today, April 7th, the Red Sox are 3-4. Last year on April the 7th? They were 4-3. BREAK UP THE TEAM! THEY WON'T WIN ANYTHING! Thanks to Wayne for reminding me of this bit of news.

I know my friend Dawn is ready to run Lugo out of Boston on a rail, and his performance last season and so far this year doesn't help. Yes, I realize he made 3 errors in the game yesterday; in his defense, last April, in the first week of the season, another Sox player made 3 errors in one game. I'm pretty sure we're all in agreement that Mike Lowell is a pretty good player. One game doesn't make a season.

Tek has more HR's than Manny or Papi. If this lasts more than a week I'll be shocked. That said, I'm tickled pink he and JD have started the year off well. JD because he got crucified by the fans and media last year, and Tek because I really hope Theo is going to announce that 3 year extension sometime in the next few weeks.

So, the bullpen looks like a bunch of living gas cans right now. Not worried. This Japan trip has just screwed up everything, and I fully expect Timlin and the rest of the Pirates to right the ship. If it's like this a month from now, THEN I'll start to worry. One week in? No big deal.

If 2004 and 2007 didn't teach you anything, then shame on you. This isn't your grandfathers Red Sox team; this is the 21st century version where panic and pessimism are the names of the exotic dancers down at The Starlight Lounge.

It's a long season people, filled with ups and downs, wins and losses, and victory and defeat. Oh, and BTW? The last year the Blue Jays swept the Sox at home?

2004.

If I recall correctly, that year turned out all right.

7 comments:

Tex said...

\\If 2004 and 2008 didn't teach you anything, then shame on you.//

uhmmm I dont mean to rain on your parade but isn't THIS YEAR 2008??


Keeping the Fair since rogers days

Ted D said...

Yeah, it is Tex.

Meant 2007.

Going to correct now.

Tree Newt said...

Tex, that's what the furniture market will do to you. Every number in your head gets completely screwed up and twisted and you end up asking "Do you want the ottoman with that chair" when someone asks you the time. It's the Twilight Zone.

gojohn said...

Yea let the guy warm up!

Ted D said...

Mattie, I bogarted Drew's Moms laptop! It's only Tuesday and I'm contemplating torture techniques for a few of our buddies!

Hey John, how have you been?

Right about now the boys are getting the WS rings. Can't wait to watch when I get home.

At 8. :(

Krystle [RSO] said...

//in his defense, last April, in the first week of the season, another Sox player made 3 errors in one game. I'm pretty sure we're all in agreement that Mike Lowell is a pretty good player.//

Oh my GOD! I just realized...I WAS AT THAT GAME! It wasn't a very fun game...

*blog primps for one minute* listen to this song, everyone here. it's so true that it's scary.
http://crawdaddycove.com/im-a-member-of-red-sox-nation/
*done with the blog primp*

Ted D said...

Krystle, you were at that game?

It was still a Sox game, so it's all good.