CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Winner Takes All

Since I know everyone (OK, 5 people) are wondering who my picks are to make the playoffs and who gets to take home that big trophy at the end of the year, here goes.

AL East: Boston. They've got the schedule from hell to have to play through in April, but if they can come out at the end of the month like Andy Dufresne crawled out of that sewer infested tunnel in Shawshank, they win the division by at least 5 games. Considering they play the Yankees this month, the sewer reference is more than appropriate.

AL Central: Detroit. I don't care that the Royals look like a bunch of All-Stars playing Italy against them right now. Any lineup that includes Sheff, Magglio, Cabrera, Polanco, Pudge, and Rent-a-Wreck should tighten the sphincter of every player in that division.

AL West: Anaheim. Like I said the other day, I'm not drinking the Mariner Kool-Aid. Vlad is the X factor; if he can stay relatively healthy(I don't think the guys been right since Montreal) they win.

Wild Card: Cleveland. They had Boston 3 games to 1, and if not for a polite Texas gentleman named Josh Beckett, they probably go to the World Series last year. And they return with virtually the same club. Sorry Yankee fan; this year you're the 2006 Red Sox. You'll take a few steps back going with the kids.

NL East: Philadelphia. Young, deep, and hungry. Oh yeah, and Ryan Howard.

NL Central: Cubbies. It's been long enough, and they've got the pitching to back up all those bats. Plus I'm about as tired of hearing about Billy goats and Bartman as I was about trading Babe Ruth. ENOUGH already.

NL West: Dodgers. And no, not because St. Joe is there; best Dodger team since Gibby limped his way around the bases after making The Eck look silly.

Wild Card: Colorado. They can Flat. Out. Mash. Plus the fact any team who can rattle off 21 straight wins is the real deal.

AL Playoffs:

Boston beats Anaheim. Again.

Detroit over Cleveland.

Boston over Detroit.

NL Playoffs:

Dodgers beat Philadelphia.

Cubbies over Colorado.

Cubbies over the Dodgers.

World Series:

C'mon. The blog is called the Red Sox Dad.

Red Sox in 6.

Remember, I WILLINGLY agreed to 3 children who've turned my brain to oatmeal, so this is all just the muttering of a deranged lunatic. Please don't get the stat book out and try and prove me wrong. I'm ADMITTING I'll be wrong, more than likely.

Except the Sox WILL go back to back: I'm not letting go of that one.

17 comments:

Christine E. said...

1st Poster! Whoo Hoo!

GREAT game today..Lester was freakin brilliant, and it was nice to see Varitek hit the homer after the one that was taken away from him last night..

I'm with you..normal timed baseball on Friday--Thank god..

Hope you are well!

Go Sox!

Ted D said...

Christine, I've been up at 6 for 2 games, then up until 1 fot 2 more.

My internal clock is hitting me with a fungo bat right now. I need some normalcy!

I'm good, and hope you and the family are as well.

Another plus? The MFY's lost tonight.

WOOT!

Tex said...

\\if not for a polite Texas gentleman named Josh Beckett//

heh.

I'm with ya. Back to Back WS. and a parade on my birthday weekend.

6 is an even number. i like it

Ted D said...

A parade on your birthday weekend would be perfect, Tex.

Let's plan the Palooza now. ;)

Tex said...

I'm already planning to be there. In Salem ON my birthday of course...the rest of the weekend soaking up the Win :)

Ted D said...

Not sure if I can talk Ang into it, but if it happens, I'll make plans to be there.

Can you argue my case for me?

Tex said...

Well I dont know if I can...but I'll talk to my alter ego, Wonder Woman and I'm sure she can do something. check out my blog :)

i always knew it

HorshamScouse said...

I like the idea of a Sox-Cubs WS for the same reasons. The Billygoat's getting really old. Won't go so far as predicting a Cubs win but, if, God forbid, the Sox don't make it then Go Cubbies!

Ted D said...

Tex, tell Wonder Woman to put in a good word for me. ;)

Horsham, I hope I'm right, even though a Sox/Cubs series would tilt the universe off it's axis.

Redbeard76 said...

Pretty wishful thinking on the Cubs part. But I'll play along, I hope they do it too, but I'm not holding my breath on them too long. But it's a pretty weak division, anyone could come out of there a winner - Reds, Brew crew...

Ted D said...

Stephen, that's what I'm banking on. That division is so bad, if the Cubbies get out ahead they could run away with it.

Rooster said...

Ted,

You are right about the upcoming month. I'm worried. I talked about it a bit on my blog - if they are cold, they build a hill to climb, but if they dominate, it could set them up for a letdown. Definitely a big test very early on!

Nice to see Lester sharp!

Krystle [RSO] said...

I think it's going to be Mets and Red Sox for World Series. Because like you, its a gut feeling =]!

Ted D said...

Krystle, going with my gut feeling is how I've gotten through life.

I have 3 kids.

Sometimes you gut is wrong. KIDDING!

Tree Newt said...

My prediction:

Royals Vs. Pirates

You know those are some LOOOOOONG odds there.

Ted D said...

Mattie, if you've got $50 bucks laying around, give it to Vegas and you can retire if it happens.

Stranger things have happened, after all; I heard today some pregnant dude was going to be on Oprah, so you never know.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I love your AL predictions Ted! =) Go SOX!!