CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fenway Part Two

God must know I need a break.

It's a long story, and I'll share it one day when it actually happens, but it looks like I'll be at Fenway Park 3 days from now, watching Josh Freaking Beckett hopefully clinch a 3 game sweep of the ALDS vs the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Since this all popped up last night around 7:30, I'm a little punch drunk and still not really sure it's gonna happen. But if it does, no matter where you reside, I can pretty much bet you'll hear my screams of joy when I finally know it's a done deal.

Between the late ending to the game and me laying in bed in awe over the fact I may, in fact, be in Boston in just a few days did not lend itself to a good nights sleep.

UPDATE: I'm in. Just got the plane reservation stuff worked out and I'll be landing in Boston about 12:30 Sunday morning. This is nuts; 24 hours ago I was wondering if I was going to be able to watch the game. Now? I'm gonna be AT the game.

I've got a lot of people to thank for this, and come next week I'll give out the honors.

Right now I'm pretty much hyperventilating over the fact I'm gonna be back in Boston less than 6 months after I went for the first time.

Life really does come at you fast.

I wonder if All-State needs another idea for a commercial.

13 comments:

Tex said...

::sigh:: Im happy for you. dangit. i really am. dangit.

Ted D said...

Thanks, Tex. I still can't believe it's true. What a freaking whirlwind the last 24 hours have been.

HorshamScouse said...

Wow! Be there to represent the rest of us.
You must be using up all your Ange points in one go.

Sarah said...

Exams are OVER! Bring on the postseason! :)

And I'm sooooooooooooooo jealous that you get to go to Boston. I grew up an hour from there. It's my home. But I don't get to go back till Dec. 23. Although... my parents are coming to visit next weekend! I suppose that's a close second :)

And hey, maybe I'll go watch a White Sox/Rays game in Chicago? haha... fat chance :P

P.S. Have a FANTASTIC time. I expect to see some amazing pics on here when you return!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I must say that I'm rather impressed there was no mention of any fear of flying. Seems to me you've overcome that. You realize that Ang and I get to do something now don't you? :)

Tex said...

shhhhhhhhhhhhh Edge....dont remind HIM!!

Ted D said...

Horsham, yeah I'm pretty much at her mercy from now on. But it's worth it.

Sarah, Ciera broke our camera and it won't zoom, but I'm trying to figure something out! Stories for sure.

Edge, I'd sort of been trying not to think about that whole flying thing; it's been so fast that it hadn't hit me yet. Oh well, I've got the next two days to start freaking out.

Love ya, Tex! Send some PV's my way tomorrow night!

Krystle [RSO] said...

Have fun Ted!!!! I'll be 4 miles away watching it all on TV!! I hope they win and you get to see a celebration!!!

Ted D said...

Krystle, that'd be all kinds of awesome!

Bickley said...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!

That's all I can say. Wow. I am so very very very very very very very happy for you dude! (Thought I was going to say "jealous" dincha?) That is just the most awesome thing I have ever heard! Wow.

Wow.

OMG.

Ted D said...

Thanks Bickley! To say I'm excited is a gross understatement.

Sarah said...

Ted... I went to Columbus to visit a friend... as we're walking down the street he wants to drop in on someone with me, that there's someone he wants me to meet.

And suddenly, I have a tattoo. Of Red Sox red socks. On my left foot, just below my three inch scar from surgery to piece together. It's AWESOME; in fact, I'd go so far as to say it's WICKED AWESOME!

Have fun at the game! I'm so incredibly jealous but excited for you!

Sarah said...

I just realized I had "surgery to piece together." I meant "surgery to piece together my ankle. Forgive me, I hardly slept this weekend. It sounds like you know what that's like! Sorry they didn't clinch it for you, but I'm glad you had a blast and OMG it was AMAZING to see them win it tonight - and in such dramatic fashion! And at HOME!