CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Looking Ahead

This is how I'm choosing to remember the 2008 Boston Red Sox.

Standing on the top step yelling their heads off over a Dustin Pedroia home run in Game 7 of the ALCS. Yeah, we lost. And yeah it's the Rays and not us fighting the Phillies over who is going to be World Champion this year.

I know we've got to worry about whether Tek is coming back next season, are Papi, Beckett, and Mikey going to be healthy, and that small matter of whether CC Sabbathia and Mark Texiera will be wearing pinstripes come April.

Way I look at it, we've got all winter long to worry over all that mess; my team got to within 1 game of the World Series and the Yankees finished in 3rd place.

No matter how you look at it, I consider that success.

2 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Now the latest rumor is that it will be Lowell traded if the Sox land Teixeira. That will be the second time in two years that my favorite player would be dumped, if it happens--first Trot & now Lowell. I am starting to feel like the kiss of death. =(

Ted D said...

I refuse to read the rumor mill, Dawn. Until Theo tells me it's a done deal? I'm not buying it.