CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sometimes a picture DOESN'T tell the whole story.

Thanks to my buddy Josh and his beautiful wife Amy my kids are now the proud owner of a Wally the Green Monster Build-a-Bear. Here Ciera is holding big Wally, while Rakes and Trot clutch their mini-Wally's in a gentle embrace.

Minutes after this picture was taken Big Wally was taken hostage for ransom while the two mini Wally's were executed gangland style.

Game 2 of the World Series is tonight, and the Rays are currently beating the Phillies 4-0.

This development hacks me off to no end; I wanted a sweep that resulted in Maddon and his upstarts heading into the off season with doubt, confusion, and a general feeling of "How in the world did we actually GET to the World Series?" reverberating in their brains.

Since it looks like that isn't happening, my second wish is Theo, he of the Ivy League law degree, has commissioned some disillusioned scientist to begin work on the Manny Ramirez clone, minus the lack of hustle and missing the "I'll quit on my team" gene to hit in the 4 hole next year.

If not, I'm sort of getting worried we'll have a DH hitting 3rd who'll lead the league in wall ball singles next year.

Yes. I realize it's still October. And yes, I realize the World Series is still being played.

I've got issues, OK?

5 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Finally. Finally I feel like someone else "gets" my loathing of this Tampa team. I swear they rank a *very* close second to the Yanks.

Tex said...

so its not Soxtober anymore??/

Ted D said...

Dawn, I want to gibley punch all of them. Repeatedly.

And Tex, it's not Soxtober, but it's still Textober! MA will never be the same again after your visit next week.

JMP said...

Ted,

Great pic of the kids!!!

Nah...you dont have issues..your a Sox fan and all is normal!!!!

Ted D said...

Nah, I got issues JMP. ;)