CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

An Ulcer Can't Kill You. Right?

*Photo courtesy of Kelly O*

It's the bottom of the 5th, Red Sox lead 2-1, and I'm currently rocking back and forth while reciting The Lord's Prayer.

I'm pretty sure this is no way for a 38 year old man with a wife and 3 kids is supposed to act. Realistically, I should start looking at October as a way to line up all my Doctor appointments, shrink visits, and decide to head to Costco for that extra large bottle of TUMS. And I probably should check on what the gallon size bottles of Pepto Bismal cost while I'm there.

Bartlett just tied the game at 2-2 in the 5th. I'm headed to the garage and the safety of the car and XM radio for now. Keep the Fair all you Red Sox fans and if anybody knows a good cardiologist, could you give them a call for me?

I've got a hunch I'll need one before this is all said and done.

8 comments:

sittingstill said...

Ted, my mom had a heart monitor she had to wear from 2pm Thursday to 2pm today--we still have to transcribe the timeline of the Sox game Thursday night so they understand what happened. I should have been wearing one, too!

Ted D said...

Kelly, your Mom, Me, AND you!

PV's to your Mom and to you as well.

This year has been a tough one for you two. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you both.

HorshamScouse said...

So they're in Game 7?
Never in doubt...

Sarah said...

I have to say... I'm not a fan of Chip Caray. My friend and I agreed to mute the TV so that we could watch the game and listen to the Dropkick Murphys, the Standells, Augustana, etc... and it was WAY better listening to him. It totally reminds me of the 2004 ALCS... and I HATE Fox sportscasters even MORE than TBS sportscasters BECAUSE OF that series!

Game 7 today... BRING IT! :D

Bickley said...

WOOTWOOTWOOTWOOTWOOT!!!!!!

What a game that was! Beckett was really close to being Beckett. And the Rays are making errors. That's where the lack of experience in the big games shows.

Tonight's the night, and that's all I'm going to say about that. Unfortunately, I will have to listen to the end of the game at work.

Hehehe...my "word verification" is "rtart." Hee.

Ted D said...

Horsham, they make it interesting though. But I was Keeping the Fair.

Sarah, I must be a sadist; I left the volume on the whole time. And I've gotta admit; the sadness in his voice as the Sox won warmed my heart.

Bickley, I'll raise a glass towards Texas tonight. rtart: Heh.

Tex said...

Rolling Rolling Rolling
keep those runs a rolling Rawhide!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ted D said...

One more game, Tex. One more.