CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

I get by with a little help from my friends.

There are people who go an entire lifetime and not meet somebody who changes the way they look at the world. And I genuinely feel sorry for them.

Today I had the pleasure of introducing my wife to my friends Rob and Jane, two of the best people you could ever have the pleasure of meeting. Down from New England for the UNC/BC football game, I was in the rare spot of being on my home turf for a palooza. Sort of.

As I watched all the college aged kids walk against the street signs, ignore the whistles of the police officers, and generally look like they could care less what anyone else said I had a "Grumpy Old Men" moment for a second or two.

Then I realized it didn't matter. They weren't MY kids; Let 'em get run over by a Chapel Hill bus for all I cared. I was Paloozing.

Exactly like I expected, Angie fell in love with the two of them from the get go and we had a great time catching up and meeting Jane's Dad and his lovely wife. My only regret was it ended too quick; one of these days I'll convince her to leave everything she's ever known and move to New England.

And yes, I realize she'll have to be heavily sedated or declared mentally incompetent for that to happen.

I can live with that.

10 comments:

Tree Newt said...

Glad you guys had a ball bro. If you can survive a day in Chapel Hill, I commend you. Hopefully, you guys can get together again soon.

Ted D said...

Wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I think the early game kept me from killing someone, Mattie. Went back to the hotel with them where we hung out for a while longer after eating at Spanky's.

I still want to kill all college kids who just cross the street when they want too.

Tex said...

Ted, you really need to read the AA mantra :)

Glad to see ya had a great time and Angie got to see another internet friend and that we're not crazy. How much did you have to pay the soul who volunteered to keep the boys?

Ted D said...

All I can say is God Bless Grandparents, Tex. ;)

Were your ears burning? You were the topic of discussion a few times. All good, I promise.

Tex said...

Sureeeeeeeeeeee. I found Al's business card today. Im thinking me and hayes may need a ride and see if he's working :)

did ya tell the limo story?

Ted D said...

Yep, I told it. Tell Al I said "Hello".

If you get Al to drive you and hayes to Boston you get into the "Ted HOF".

It's not much but it's all I've got to offer.

HorshamScouse said...

Rob and Ted and two hot blondes! How could you not have a great time!

Ted D said...

John, great point! I'm sure people walking by were wondering how WE ended up with THEM.

Jane said...

Ted, don't you know I'm agoraphobic? You've put us on a pedestal so high that my palms are sweating! :)

This is definitely a mutual admiration society - Rob and I just adore you and Ang and consider ourselves incredibly lucky to have met you and call you our friends. Thanks again for going so far out of your way to meet up with us on Saturday - we're already looking forward the next time. Hugs to you, Ang and the kids!

Ted D said...

Jane, I worked all day and had to come home and look up agoraphobic; don't tax me anymore than I already am. ;)

You know how I feel about you guys; can't wait to see you both again soon, and this time longer than for a few hours. Consider the hugs given.