CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

This NEVER gets old.

They could have done this Sunday night.

When I was, you know, IN Boston.

It's all good, though. The Red Sox are in the ALCS again and all is well. This time it's the Tampa Bay Rays, their beatnik manager Joe Maddon, and about 35,000 freaking cowbells standing in the way of the Red Sox going to the World Series for the 3rd time in 5 years.

So while I read "The Bernstein Bears Go To The Beach" to Rakes tonight with COPS in the background and him wondering why some dink was kicking the window of the cop car I was thinking how awesome this is.

I was thinking the same thing when I got home and Ang was giving the boys a bath. BTW, you haven't lived until you've uttered the following:

"Quit messing with your Peter!"

In fact, I had a grin on my face all day that you couldn't have removed with a jack hammer thinking about Jason Bay going all Superman into Home Plate to send the Red Sox one step closer to the World Series. Not even the fact Mikey Lowell is most likely done for the year is harshing my mellow.

Red Sox vs Rays to see who goes to the World Series.

And yes; it felt as weird to write that sentence as it does to read it.

Can the Sox just sweep this thing and restore the world to it's proper order?

And what in the world am I gonna do for the next 3 days?

::sigh::

8 comments:

HorshamScouse said...

I still don't understand how the Rays are there. Even though they took the season series 10-8 against the Sox, this is the playoffs and it's different, as the Angels discovered.

Trot's Hat said...

The Berenstein Bears were my favorite series of books when I was little. Just thought I'd share. :-)

Anonymous said...

Get in the Word? Just the first thought that comes to mind is all. I know it's what I need to do.

Ted D said...

Horsham, I feel the same way. How is that team in the ALCS? We'll see what they're made of come Friday.

Bridget, Ciera's too! And Rakes loves it when we get the books at the library. He thinks the Dad is silly!

I just wish Friday would hurry up and get here.

Dewey said...

Regarding your Boston love.
I am planning on leaving Mass in about 2 years for NC. Want to swap houses? I'll throw in my soon to be Ex-husband.

My youngest son is moving to Mocksville on Saturday. I haz a sad.

Ted D said...

Don't want an ex husband, Dewey. But the house idea intrigues me! ;)

You must be a reader of SG with the I haz a sad comment; Appreciate you stopping by and commenting!

Mocksville is a nice town; your son will like it. Close to Winston-Salem and Charlotte.

Dewey said...

House is 4br, 2b step-cape with an added on dining room and sunroom. Hardwood floors and a fireplace in the LR. 1 hr 18 minutes to Fenway (my personal best-your results may vary.) Small suburban town with outstanding schools.

Can't say that I blame you about the Ex-Husband, I don't want him either, dispose of him as you see fit.

Mocksville is lovely, visited in April. My niece lives in Advance and my nephew just bought a 4br 2b house in Mocksville, where my son is going to live.

Been lurking in SG for quite a while.

Ted D said...

Dewey, you need to introduce yourself at SG. It's like a family over there. Advance is a nice town too. Your house has piqued my interest; can you convince my wife to leave NC and move up?

Glad to have some fellow Sox fans moving to the area. And thanks again for commenting.