CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 13, 2009

#19 in your program. #1 in your heart.

Had my live draft for one of my two baseball fantasy league's tonight, and with my first pick?

I took The Commander. Partly out of sentiment and partly out of the HUGE hope I have that he has a rebound year.

The draft was big fun; random insults, curses, and offers of beers for players, which I'm pretty sure is against the collective bargaining agreement.

All in all? I've got a pretty good team with a bunch of guys I'm praying don't break down before the All-Star Break.

C: Chris Iannetta
1B: Prince Fielder
2B: Dan Uggla
3B: Melvin Mora (I concentrated on pitching so Melvin was the best I could do)
SS: Yunel Escobar
OF: Bobby Abreu
OF: Jeff Francour (Gamble pick: I figure he can't be worse than last year)
OF: Jose Guillen (Another gamble: it's 50/50 he's not suspended by the third week)
UT: Jason Giambi (Hoping you really CAN turn back time)
BN: Jim Thome
BN: Mike Jacobs
BN: Jack Cust
BN: Chris Synder
BN: Luke Scott
SP: Beckett
SP: Cole Hamels
RP: K-Rod
RP: JJ Putz
P: Carlos Zambrano (Please be healthy. Please be healthy. Please be healthy.)
P: Randy Johnson (He's older than Methuselah. I went WAY out on a limb here)
P: Derek Lowe

While I loathed both of them when they were with the Yankees, you can't go wrong with Giambi back in Oakland and Abreu getting 20 HR, 100 RBI, and 100 runs. And if my pitching can stay off the DL?

I'm a 5 ft nothing force to be reckoned with.

6 comments:

Rich in the Garage said...

You're team is worse than the real life royals of last season.

Tex said...

and I got the team from hell. well i only joined cos i got guilted into it. anyone want to work it for me? Cos I doubt seriously Ill be checking it daily

Ted D said...

Did you see my pitching staff, Rich? Pfft.

Tex, you should have been there for the live draft; hope you're feeling better.

Beth said...

Got our Rhode Islander - Iannetta! I think we should bring him back to New England

Ted D said...

Sounds good to me, Beth. Maybe after Tek is done?

Brenken said...

I chose Pedroia first in both my drafts and I'm expecting a better year for him this year than last year.
I read this morning Cole Hamels went for an MRI for his sore elbow. He has no structural damage so that's good news.