CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

From the Mouths of Future Delinquents

As I entered the house around 7:40 tonight I sat down to eat my dinner. In between shoveling bites of pork chop and rice in my mouth, answering Ciera's question of "What's a pill box, Dad" from the book she was reading and Trot telling me 398 times he wanted a snack, somehow the following conversation between Rakes and I actually took place.

Rakes: "Dad, we don't have to go ANYWHERE tomorrow!"

Me: "That's great, son. What are you going to do?"

Rakes: "Nothing! And Mom says we can stay in our pajamas ALL DAY!"

Me: "Sounds like a great way to spend Friday, buddy."

Rakes: "YEAH! And just think; You'll be at work ALL DAY!"

Rakes: "Dad? Why are you crying?"

Sweet Home Alabama do I need some baseball.

8 comments:

Tex said...

breathe in, breathe out

repeat several times

Rich in the Garage said...

Thats the kind of kid that will smile for his first mugshot.

I did.

HorshamScouse said...

First laugh out loud all day. Thanks, Rakes.

Ted D said...

It's just like SmokingGun.com.

Stacy said...

That is the best picture of his true personality!

Opening Day has GOT to be soon. :-)

Ted D said...

It'd better be.

Lizziebeth said...

Awesome picture!!
Baseball. Soon! Real soon.
My son talked me into participating in fantasy baseball, of which I have no clue about (why do that when you have the REAL deal, but I digress), and what team do I play first? Baaaahston. Must be fate!

Ted D said...

Lizziebeth, thanks! He's insane which makes for good pictures. Fantasy baseball is great, just time consuming; sounds like you're on the right team though.