CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

All-Star Purgatory

Not sure where the Captain was when this picture was taken at Fenway on Sunday (most likely to the right of Youk, though knowing the Captain he declined to take part because he didn't want the spotlight. The players voted you in, Tek; it's OK) but there are your 2008 Red Sox All-Stars, minus one Jason Varitek.

Best part about last night? In what might be the last significant game played at Yankee Stadium, JD Drew won the MVP award for the All-Star game. The fact Hank Steinbrenner probably didn't sleep a wink last night makes me happier than it should. By a LONG shot.

Everyone had today off, and the season starts again tomorrow, though not for the Sox. They fly to LaLa Land and begin a series against the Angels, though it doesn't start until 10:05 pm Friday night.

What in the name of all that is holy am I going to do until then? Actually have to communicate with my wife? Stain the deck? Build that padded, rubber, sound proof room I've been dreaming of ever since Rakes was born?

On the home front, Ciera wants a puppy, Rakes and I annihilated some Storm Troopers playing Star Wars on the PS2 tonight, and Trot has decided he doesn't want to wear a diaper anymore. He's gone in the potty a few times, but let's just say his success ratio between making it to the bathroom and going in his pants is spotty at best.

And we'll just leave it at that.

Is it Friday night yet?

11 comments:

Tree Newt said...

I know where you can get your hands on a fine young golden retriever that has PLENTY of puppy left in him.

Cheap.

Ted D said...

Bro, that demon dog isn't getting within 25 miles of my house.

Besides, Rakes and Trot would just make him run away.

Redbeard76 said...

Welcome to Thursday, which should be renamed to *almost Friday*!

Staining the deck sounds pretty productive.

Crystal said...

Ooo! A puppy! That would add a lot to your daily stress levels! :)

With the lack of baseball I've been getting a lot of reading done, downloading photos from the camera, and oh Sleeping!

I hate WC trips. But Sat's game is at 4 and Sunday's is at 6. I'll take it. I'm sure I'll be awake for Friday's game, this witdrawel is killing me. :)

sittingstill said...

Ted, since the picture was taken pregame on Sunday, Tek was in the bullpen warming up Daisuke.

Ted D said...

Redbeard, but that would involve, you know, working.

Crys, yeah all I need is a puppy. Trot would have it in therapy by a week. I don't mind the WC trips, but the 10 pm starts are tough to take. Sat and Sun sounds good to me.

Ted D said...

Thanks, Kelly. I knew it was taken over the weekend, but I missed all the pre-game stuff and was blacked out of NESN because they were playing the O's.

Predictably, MASN showed squat on this.

Tex said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ted D said...

Tex, tell me about it. I HATE off days.

HorshamScouse said...

//Is it Friday night yet? //
Yep. Doesn't help though.
::Cues up WS DVD::

Ted D said...

John, are you far enough in the future to see if cars will ever fly?