CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Bull Durham. The cure for what ails you.



Losing to the Angels 7-4 in the bottom of the 8th, I went looking for a happy place.

Found it with this clip from the movie Bull Durham.

Somehow, I imagine this is what most mound visits are like, give or take a sacrificed chicken every now and then. I can actually imagine Youk walking to the mound with Beckett pitching and when they all get there Beckett re-creating George Carlins "7 Words you can't say on television" in graphic detail.

After losing 2 out of 3 to the Yankees, reading about the latest version of "As Manny Turns" and reading 1,589 articles about why the Red Sox should trade Manny, I needed a diversion.

God Bless Ron Shelton and Kevin Costner for making this movie.

Nothing like Crash, Nuke, and that dude who played Arliss to calm my nerves.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

You know what makes me feel better? Watching Toronto beat Tampa Bay. Even better? Watching the O's TROUNCE the Yanks AT Yankee Stadium, 13-4! :D

Tex said...

one of my fav clips is when he tells the batter what he's gonna throw. Ted, remember when you broke up with a girlfriend how sad you were? and everyone told you to just remember the good times. That's what I'm gonna tell you when Manny goes. IF he goes i mean ;)

Ted D said...

Good point, Sarah. Nice to know that even though we lost, the song remains the same heading into tonight.

Tex, there's a line from an old 80's song by Cinderella: "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone".

I think that's what Sox fans are going to be singing one day soon.

Tex said...

like i said, none of us know really wants going on with Manny and his antics. I will miss the funny things he does. i wont miss his missing games. I will miss his long ball and watching it fly. I wont miss him missing games. I will miss his dreds and manhugs. I won't miss him missing games.

Ted D said...

Tex, I'm right there with you. I just think the good outweighs the bad, at least for the rest of this season.

Crystal said...

WOOT Pedie! No hitting the Sox at Fenway? I think not.

Ted D said...

Hey Crys!

I hate to lose, but at least they didn't get no hit. Pedie and Youk came through when it counted and the MFY's lost again.

Even though the Rays lost, it could have been worse. And I STILL say they fade away. (Don't know if that's wishfull thinking, but I'm sticking to my guns.)

Crystal said...

I hate the loss too, but I can not handle a no-hit. I was on the verge of a Migraine. Thank you, Pedie!

I'm with you, they're (Rays) going to fade away. They're just being a little more stubborn than I thought they would be.

Ted D said...

Let's hope we're both right, Crys.

'Cause them boys are starting to get me a little worried.