CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Minor Setback

Sometimes it feels like life just hauls off and kicks you in the gibleys with a set of industrial grade steel toed work boots.

Down 2-0 to the Yankees in the 9th inning today, the Sox plate one run and have the bases loaded, nobody out against the greatest closer the game has ever seen. These days however, when you are depending on Lugo and Tek (You have no idea how much that hurts to have to type that) to pull out the win? I feel like that guy down to his last $5 playing the kazillion dollar lotto; the odds are slightly against it happening.

Sure enough, Rivera somehow pulls it out of his rear end and the chance the Sox had to pound that first nail in the 2008 MFY coffin is gone, just like that. At least until tomorrow night.

Wondering how I was going to erase the image of those pinstriped dinks high fiving each other like they just won game 7 that didn't involve huge shots of moonshine, electric shock therapy, or Ciera watching "High School Musical: The Wonder Years" was proving to be a challenge.

Until I flipped over to The Discover Channel and found a "Deadliest Catch" marathon on.

If you ever think your job is tough, catch 15 minutes of this show and you'll think you've got is as easy as Vanna White flipping those letters over. BTW, was it REALLY that hard for her to have to turn the letter completely around that they had to make it where she has to just touch it to change? I realize she's close to drawing social security and all that, but at least make it a challenge.

Anyways, watching these maniacs fishing for crab in sub zero waters with chain smoking captains and one big wave away from Davy Jones locker is like television crack for me. I can't get enough of it, even though it really does make me realize what a complete wuss I am. Full pots, Edgar the deck hand, and that guy with the second coolest voice (outside the guy who does movie promos) I've ever heard have got me hooked.

Game 4 tomorrow at the toilet and I'm calling my shot for a Sox win and a series victory.

Something tells me Captain Sig could never be a Yankee fan.

6 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Oh, Deadliest Catch is where I should have gone? Silly me. I watched the Sunbeams win. Again. SIGH.

Tex said...

I hadnt caught that show yet. Course living out here with a 4 yr old, i dont have any choice of tv shows before 9pm. Although I think Im gonna have to watch the newest reality show, Black Gold, i heard its filmed in west texas and its life as a roughneck. should be interesting.

was there a game today? grrrrrr I finally get to watch a yankee game and we lose...im thinking of not turning on the game tomorrow

HorshamScouse said...

Big double take on the Captain Sig line, Ted. My Dad used to be called that!

Series win will do tomorrow, in the full glare of ESPN and FJM.

Ted D said...

Dawn, I'm in a Sunbeam-free zone, at least until they start losing again.

Tex, I love the show; I think because it's so hard and I know I'd cry like a baby one day in. Wasn't you, Tex. You gotta watch tonight; we need the hoots. ;)

Horsham, with your last name I can't believe I didn't pick up on your Dad being called Captain Sig! Awesome!

Go Sox!

Tree Newt said...

Dude, that game blew. How do we not pull that one out?

Those cats on the fishing show are crazy. If that's work, I want nothing to do with it!

Ted D said...

Yes it did, Mattie. Thought we had 'em at the end. Those guys on Deadliest Catch are certifiable, but I love watching it.