CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

When Manny being Manny goes bad.

Yep, that's Manny. And no, he and Jacoby aren't practicing Lamaze exercises.

Somehow, Manny ended up on his back with the ball underneath him after missing a fly ball after a completely unnecessary slide trying to make a catch. What followed was usually only seen at 2 a.m in the morning when O'Grady's pub in Dorchester closes. I can only describe it as a humpback crawl, followed by a cartwheel Rakes would describe as lame and ending with Manny lying on top of the ball.You can catch the carnage HERE.

Mind you, I'm all about Manny being Manny; and personally, I don't think this was done on purpose or with any malice. It wasn't some statement he wants a new deal or he's upset that he can't live on Mars. It was just a perfect storm of bad luck, bad decisions, and Murphy's Law.

In a 11-3 loss, if it CAN go wrong, it WILL go wrong.

What I DID have issues with was the laughing about it afterword; had the Red Sox been on the winning side of the equation I'd have been yucking it up with him. But losing? In THEIR park? Bad form all the way around. And from the looks Tito and Theo were tossing him after that fiasco, I've got a feeling the three of them had a come to Jesus meeting sometime last night.

Another loss tonight, with Beckett tossing a complete game but coming out holding the short end of the stick, 4-2; I hate playing the Angels, who play small ball like some 1970's NL team almost as much as I do the Yankees.

Old Man Wake goes tomorrow and he's been fantastic as of late. Here's to that knuckle ball preventing a sweep and sending the boyos off to Seattle on a high note.

10 comments:

Krystle said...

You know, I'm thankful that I decided to NOT watch that part of the game last night. I started to watch Dr. G, turn the game on to see the 3 - 11 score. I was scared to find out what happened...I really was.

Looks like Big Trot's going to be out for a while. http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20080719/articles/849772935&tc=yahoo

I say he retires. Coachs somewhere and life would be good again. =]

Ted D said...

Hey Krystle! Like an idiot, I stayed up for the whole game; my sleep deprived mind is thanking me today.

Hat to hear that about my boy's namesake. With Gabe in Wisconsin, maybe Trot could coach the Greenville Drive?

Krystle said...

Not a bad idea. I think their season is ending soon though. I hear that Nashua Pride (an independent league team in NH) is ALWAYS looking to hire former Red Sox players...

It's not that I didn't stay up for it. I didn't know if I had the patience to watch our bullpen/Clay just sucking the joint. Turns out that I was almost right...

As for the game today, never happened.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I'll take a loss to the Angels over the Yankees or the Sunbeams *any* day. At least I like the Angels. Not that I wouldn't still rather win.

Tex said...

::yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnn::

Ted D said...

Krystle, I'm with you; what game?

Dawn, I get almost as aggravated playing the Angels, just because they drive me nuts with the bunting, hit and run, etc.. But it's definately a little easier to take.

Tex,

WAKE UP!!!!!!

Krystle said...

FYI - Josh Hamilton is going to be on TLC Saturday August 2nd at 7. The show is called Real Estate Pros. I'd say DVR it, like I have to because I have to go to my cousins engagment party (eh). He restores a house for Shoeless Bo Jackson and talks about his story.

Ted D said...

Thanks Krystle. I'll do that. You mean "You don't know Bo" Jackson?

Krystle said...

I do, I do. Yes - that's who it is =p.

They show him with his family, ten to one by the end I might be a mess.

Ted D said...

Now, if Bo was going to be at the shower...